Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Flavor text and changelings
Your flavor text doesn't change/get wiped if you polymorph/transform into someone else as a changeling.

A teeny-tiny bug but still gives away changelings if some insane person is keeping track of flavor texts in a round
(11-18-2016, 10:56 AM)Grifflez Wrote: Your flavor text doesn't change/get wiped if you polymorph/transform into someone else as a changeling.

A teeny-tiny bug but still gives away changelings if some insane person is keeping track of flavor texts in a round

Hello i am the insane person who keeps a track of the flavour texts during the round.

Can we have this made a feature as a soft detection method for lings?
(11-18-2016, 11:20 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(11-18-2016, 10:56 AM)Grifflez Wrote: Your flavor text doesn't change/get wiped if you polymorph/transform into someone else as a changeling.

Hello i am the insane person who keeps a track of the flavour texts during the round.

No, that's a dumb way to get pointed out as a ling and eliminates actual detective work.
(11-18-2016, 12:27 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:

No, that's a dumb way to get pointed out as a ling and eliminates actual detective work.

I like it as an RP thing more than anything, the changeling being unable to perfectly replicate the hosts mannerisms etc.
(11-18-2016, 12:53 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(11-18-2016, 12:27 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:

I like it as an RP thing more than anything, the changeling being unable to perfectly replicate the hosts mannerisms etc.
An RP thing that turbonerds will be able to use to identify and kill lings? No thanks.
As far as RP things go, I think the Changeling's ability to replicate a character's in-character antics should be the big tell.

The anti-alcoholic Chaplain should be suspect if he breaks into the bar and binge-drinks gin, for example.
To say nothing of shady activity in general.
Its dumb because if someone IDs the ling and doesn't die (fairly common due to a fumbled absorption or the AI catching you), the person who saw you can put your flavour text out there and ID you across transformations, even if you escape, transform, ditch all your clothes for new ones and successfully mimic your new identity's mannerisms.
Aw heck.

Yeah, this is absolutely a bug. I'll get on it right away.

(11-18-2016, 03:28 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: An RP thing that turbonerds will be able to use to identify and kill lings? No thanks.

As much as I respect the RP argument, this guy gets it. We have to account for both #1 and #2, after all. Knowing the turbonerds this is exactly the kind of thing they'd latch on to.
im coder

im sorry

(ty spy for fixing my dumb)
Fixed it now.