Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[BUGFIX] AI Reset Module and Electromagnetic Storms
(11-25-2016, 06:31 AM)Grek Wrote: How about a more robust version of that?

The AI has slots for up to ten AI Law drive and a single AI name drive. At round start, 1-3 have read-only drives with the default laws, the name drive has the AI's name and blank writable drives in the rest of the slots. AI Law drives can be manually added and removed by using wirecutters on an unlocked AI to bring up a menu with the drive slots. Drives can be copied in Mechanics and inserted into the AI. Read-only law drives can have custom text written them once using a soldering iron, but after that they can't be altered further except by ion storms. Writable law drives can be edited by clicking them in hand, or using the AI upload. Rename writes to the Name drive. Reset clears all writable boards. Every other board prompts for a drive number to write to.

Advantages:
-If the AI gets an Ion Storm law, you have to go in and manually take it out and put in a new one.
-You can take the AI's laws out and put them back in backward, so that Law 1 is now Law 3 and vs versa. Whoops!
-Laws 1-3 are now player alterable. You could edit them to list the syndicate lawset, for example.
-Crafty traitors can put in laws that can't be changed from the upload.
-The AI can have more than one freeform law at a time.

I'll go one step further. This could allow us to remove the override clause and base it entirely on order of laws. Thus a slot 1 law would always take precedence in the event of a conflict. This would also eliminate the forever ambiguous bullshit that is 'override' vs 'take precedence'. (A latter law could not take precedence over a prior law even if it states that it does due to the conflict automatically resolving to the prior law being the valid one.)
As I supported this on its dedicated thread, so I support it here. AI law drives 2017