Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Heads of staff unlocking doors.
The heads off staff should be able to swipe their ID cards on doors they can access to remove the access requirement on the door until the door is swiped again, allowing anyone in for the time being and allowing them to relock the area when they are done. Example of how this could be used include:

• The head of security unlocking the armory to arm the crew during a nuke round.
  • The medical director unlocking medbay during a round where there aren't any doctors so people can just heal themselves or helpful crew can act as doctors.
  • The research director unlocking the research sector after something goes horribly wrong so engineers can get in and repair the area while medical personnel can rescue injured or trapped scientists.
  • Any of the heads unlocking EVA after a large portion of the station gets breached so everyone can get internals and a space suit.
  • The head of personnel leaving their ID in the computer and unlocking customs so anyone can give themselves all access.
  • The CE unlocking emergency storage A so people can put out the massive plasma fire in escape.
Seems helpful but what if someone got all access would that give them this power?
(11-17-2016, 06:19 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Seems helpful but what if someone got all access would that give them this power?
Of course. Make the HOP think twice before giving all access to the clown.
(11-17-2016, 06:46 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 06:19 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Seems helpful but what if someone got all access would that give them this power?
Of course. Make the HOP think twice before giving all access to the clown.

Hahaha, good one! If the clown isn't unlocking every door and locker on the station with the all access Minister of Hahatown card I gave him because I thought it'd be funny, then the dozen assistants and traitors who found all my floor cards will.

...might work a bit better on 1.
(11-17-2016, 09:25 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Hahaha, good one! If the clown isn't unlocking every door and locker on the station with the all access Minister of Hahatown card I gave him because I thought it'd be funny, then the dozen assistants and traitors who found all my floor cards will.

...might work a bit better on 1.

There is nothing stopping a head of staff from relocking all the doors after beating the shit out of whoever unlocked them.
This would be pretty useful. Also the AI should be able to unlock/lock doors as well, if someone is using a stolen ID. Or is rogue and wants to give presents to Billy McStaff Assistant.
Temporary access requirement lifts? I'd like to see where this goes.
As with similar ideas before, I like the premise.

I'd probably err on the side of caution and make unlocks tied to the specific head id card instead of just the access. That way all heads get to have fancy tailor-made IDs like the clown captain to be stolen and/or bartered. That and you won't have freestation every other round.

It's a less messy alternative to bolting open doors, at least.
(11-18-2016, 08:21 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: As with similar ideas before, I like the premise.

I'd probably err on the side of caution and make unlocks tied to the specific head id card instead of just the access. That way all heads get to have fancy tailor-made IDs like the clown captain to be stolen and/or bartered. That and you won't have freestation every other round.

It's a less messy alternative to bolting open doors, at least.

I would have it so if it is added at first it would work with any ID that has the access, and if it is abused we restrict it to just the heads starting IDs.
To hop onto this suggestion, there should be an option on the bridge to revoke maintenance access to help fight blobs.
(11-18-2016, 08:21 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: That way all heads get to have fancy tailor-made IDs like the clown captain to be stolen and/or bartered. That and you won't have freestation every other round.
I would actually like to see this as a PDA function, in the scanner slot.
(11-18-2016, 04:20 PM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote: To hop onto this suggestion, there should be an option on the bridge to revoke maintenance access to help fight blobs.

I like this, perhaps for EVA and tool storage areas as well?
(11-19-2016, 05:30 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: I like this, perhaps for EVA and tool storage areas as well?

iirc tool storage falls under maint access restrictions.
(11-19-2016, 09:34 AM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 05:30 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: I like this, perhaps for EVA and tool storage areas as well?

iirc tool storage falls under maint access restrictions.

I think tool storage is it's own thing actually... not sure, i'll have to check
being able to reconfigure a doors access levels has been long absent and its shocking how long its been neglected given how often it comes up. ais, borgs, and anyone whos ever built a replacement airlock with an rcd know it