Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Making Omnizine (shit idea)
(this thread has been proven to be both pointless and just stupid. I no longer support this idea)

(TL;DR at the bottom)

So, omnizine can be a bitch to get without hydroponics, and even then, they may not always want to make life weed. Also, omnizine is a cure-all, and you can make cure-all pills with a bunch of high tiers medications. So, why not have the ability to create omnizine by combining those drugs as well as a few other ingredients?

What I'm thinking is:
  • Atropine (2)
  • Pentetic Acid (2) 
  • Perfluorodecalin (2)
  • Diphenhydramine (1)
  • Mannitol (1)
  • Sulbamatol (2)
  • Haloperidol (1)
  • Saline Glucose (2)
  • Salicyclic acid (1)
  • Oculine (1)
  • Spaceacillin (2)
  • Phenol (2)
  • Mutadone (1)
  • Heated to 850 C
(The numbers in parentheses represent how much of the reagent are required for making the final product)

This will create 20 units of Omnizine.

Now, while the recipe is incredibly extensive and difficult to make, you do have to remember that: 1) Omnizine is the god medicine and can be used to make SR and 2) Omnizine cannot be currently created, and this gives a way for the most diligent of chemist or pharmacist to make it.

Also, the heating part is, in my opinion, essential to balancing the creation of omnizine. It is very easy to make insanely large batches of powerful medicines such as atropine and pentetic acid via artbeakers or the reagent extractor's holding tanks. 

Omnizine should also be only chemically made, and should be buffed to cure basically everything, from GBS to insanity to being a half fried, bleeding out, blind and deaf engineer who put just a bit too much plasma into the hot loop. HOWEVER, hydroponics should still be able to make a variant of the new omnizine which is identical to the current one in its effects, and cannot be used to make SR.

This would make SR and omnizine a lot more valuable and difficult to get, as it should be. It adds a pretty big challenge to synthesizing these powerful medicines, as it should be. I have seen plenty of rounds (on LLJK1) where an expert botanist has given Medbay literally hundreds of units of omnizine, which practically puts doctors out of a job (other than surgery and cloning and injecting people with one drug). 

What do you guys think?

TL;DR omnizine made of god medicines that cures literally any ailment, not just the basic damage you see on scanners, and botany omnizine can't be used in SR
You can just heat donk pockets and eat them for omnizine, and if you need to get it out of you just use a syringe. Also, soviet satellite has lite lotus, which is the blue glowing fruit stuff that has omnizine and can essily be grown. I wouldn't be against adding a recipe but that recipe seems like it takes a very long time to get when you can just heat a donk pocket and be done with it. Side note: omnizine doesnt do a lot of things, like healing brain damage, genetic defects, not very fast at brute/burn healing, pretty much every disease, etc... It isn't even close to putting doctors out of a job right now.

EDIT: also, omnizine isnt the super best medicine of all time ever, i'd argue that cryoxadone is better.ci don't think we should just have one cure all chem either, that would make playing medical doctor pointless since anyone could walk into medbay if they have omnizine and just cure themselves instantly. (also, heating chems isn't much of a balance, you can just whack a beaker with an igniter a bunch and heat it up to massive temps.)
Yeah it's already really easy to get. Lotus, Donks, Lifeweed, MD Locker, arrabb.. that spicy spaghetti, etc.

I'm not opposed to it being craftable, but the recipe difficulty would probably outweigh the point. Omnizine tends to be used as a time-eater on higher tier recipes. Though easy to get, it'll always take time to get in abundance.
I mean... I did say that true omnizine should become an absolute cure-all, basically restoring someone back to full health faster than a cryoxadone/cryostylane pill ever could, and restoring every ailment possible. The normal omnizine you'd get from botany would be much weaker and practically useless compared to other medications. Also SR is really overpowered if you think about it, so, making it a lot more difficult to get would be good.
This thread is dumb. There shouldn't be a single perfect medicine. Omnizine is fine as is.
We've already have a super healing chem: enriched msg, and it's a pain to make. Omnizine doesn't need a crafting recipe, it's fine as is, and SR is not that good. Best case scenario you get an insta cloning, worst case and you put someone out of the game for the remainder of the shift.
Goonstation tends to drift towards difficult doctoring now that I think about it. Even EMSG isn't a cure-all, despite being such a pain in the ass.

It's neat that way too. Skill actually matters. On Goonstation a bad doctor can straight up kill you, while a good doctor can save you even if all you have left is a head. A great doctor? Basically Jesus.
This is a bad idea, for reasons others have already elaborated upon.
(11-16-2016, 01:59 PM)GEC Wrote: We've already have a super healing chem: enriched msg, and it's a pain to make. Omnizine doesn't need a crafting recipe, it's fine as is, and SR is not that good. Best case scenario you get an insta cloning, worst case and you put someone out of the game for the remainder of the shift.

Isn't enriched MSG just a little better than omnizine? It also seems to have a worse overdose.
omnizine should require a combination of hilariously dangerous things that would immediately explode in a gory mess of a fireball in any other combination

just so I can watch chemistry nerds try to find the recipe and repeatedly mangling themselves in the process.

I say yes, but make it have Grog levels of difficulty in figuring out the recipe, and be way way meaner.
I've always thought the fact that omnizine can't be made by anyone with a chem dispenser and takes a higher level of problem solving is one of the things that makes it unique.
Hmm... Well, yeah, I see all your guys' point. I mean, it is much more fun to just make medicine for unique issues, make healing concoctions for specific issues, treat patients over time using skill, and panicking, rather than just giving someone a pill and bam they're good. Thanks for your feedback! I'll uh, shut up about this idea I guess.

Although I still like the idea of an inverted omnizine that causes a fuck ton of health issues and kills you in seconds, but would be difficult to make and very noticeable. Made with omnizine, sarin, and prions. Also, on creation, it creates a horribly toxic and dangerous explosion and cloud of gas. It'd be overpowered but could be balanced. (I just came up with the idea so it's probably not very good...)
It's the opposite of good.
(11-17-2016, 10:19 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Although I still like the idea of an inverted omnizine that causes a fuck ton of health issues and kills you in seconds, but would be difficult to make and very noticeable. Made with omnizine, sarin, and prions. Also, on creation, it creates a horribly toxic and dangerous explosion and cloud of gas. It'd be overpowered but could be balanced. (I just came up with the idea so it's probably not very good...)

I dont think we need another deadly hellchem, seeing as we already have loads of them, many of which pretty simple to make and deliver through a cloud of smoke.
the only part of this idea that i like is the recipe, i think it would be great to have chemists be able to create omnizine.