Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[Traitor Item] A.P.P.A
HEY YOU! YEAH YOU THERE! EVER WANT TO PRANK THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR FRIENDS? EVER REALIZE THAT YOUR FRIENDS WON'T JUST SLIP ON A BANANA OR EAT YOUR "FUN PILLS" ANYMORE? THEN BUY HONKING JOHNS NEW PRODUCT,
THE AUTOMATIC PRANK PROJECTOR APPLICATION! OR THE A.P.P.A FOR SHORT!
Just keep out of reach of Electromagnetic Pulses, or results may become fatal or self-aware.

You ever wanted to just plain out fuck with the crew? You ever wanted to make them believe there were Nuke Ops, Changelings, or Blobs? Then THIS DEVICE is FOR YOU!

For just a mere 6 Telecrystals (Cheap!) you can summon "antagonists" and fuck the crews day up! AND IT'S REUSABLE! Unless you manage to break it with Emags.

Get started, what does it do?

It has 3 settings. Blob, Person, Monster. Once you pick a setting, use the item and it will start to charge in your hand. Taking two minutes. During this two minutes, a player is picked from Dead Chat, and you know what that means...
However, if emagged, the things will become able to interact with the world clearly and lethally, however the device, instead of reappearing, will break, being removed from the game.

AI BLOB, OH GOD IT'S... It's fake.

Summon a fake blob! A player will be picked to play a Holographic Blob, getting access to Slime Launchers and all that good shit early. However it doesn't actually DO anything. It can spread thru space and walls, I guess, but still. It literally does nothing but fake around with the crew. It only has one Nucleus though, and if touched the blob will disappear and the device will pop out. Yes, you can walk thru the blob, because it's NOT REAL.
*Note, if emagged, the device will spit out a real, but weak, blob. It cannot grow any more Nucleus and cannot naturally gain Evopoints by eating people or growing, and starts with nothing cool.

NUKE OPS CARGO. Wait why are they not blowing up the doors?

Summon a fake person! A player will be picked to play a grand hologram. It can disguise as many things, including:
Any job.
A Nuclear Operative.
A Pod. Yes, a fucking pod.
However, it cannot take off it's clothes and neither can anyone else. And it cannot pick anything up. It'll die if taking ANY electrical damage/stun of that sort, or upon 30 Mob Damage. And yes, it can rapidly change it's disguise. It cannot harm others. Or pull things.
*Note, if emagged, the device will spit out one of these that can actually grab objects and can damage people. Basicly making you an ally that DOESN'T HAVE POCKETS, BACKPACKS, OR BELTS. So basicly a useless ally. Unless they want you dead.

OH GOD SHAMBLING ABOMINATION. MY EARS!

The crazy mode is crazy indeed, as it summons a Shambling Abomination. AND YES, IT CAN SCREAM, BUT ONLY ONCE.  The Shambler will not be able to pick anything up or harm anything, just being able to move like normal. It dies at 300 Mob Damage or Electrical Shock, like the Person.
*Note, if emagged, the device will spit out a reallish one, being able to Acid Spit, Scream Constantly, and deal damage with it's arms. Thankfully, this version is weak and unstable, dying AFTER TWO MINUTES OF EXISTANCE. So just try to hide in a spot it cannot get to you, like behind 2 doors. Or grab a Stun Baton.

NOW THAT YOU'RE READY TO PRANK PEOPLE, GET OUT THERE AND BUY THE A.P.P.A NOW! AND PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK! HONK HONK!

Hey, the post isn't retaining most forms of Formatting, so sorry that it's almost unreadable.
I like it. Too tired to come up with constructive criticism. But it's good.
I also like this, it seems like it would be fun and give ghosts something to do. Im assuming its a clown only item? it was not really stated if it is or not

Also I like you made it 6 TC's so I can still buy a emag
I like the idea of tricking the crew with false news reports, even more so when it makes them disregard real events! But its going to be really tricky to convince the crew that there's a nukeop going around, since a nuke round has a very certain feeling to it. It starts out quiet, too quiet, especially since you're missing about a quarter of the crew. Then, you typically hear them coming before the bomb even announces itself to the world.

If even one psychokillerclown trips and fall into the HoS's egun, the illusionn just wont work. So, it might need some work to get to work. Maybe it could summon phantom cluwnes or smoke-machine wizards or something!
6 tc sounds expensive for something that becomes useless the instant people figure out the trick

for example, arent kudzu seeds dirt cheap and a moderately effective distraction?

the only interesting one in my opinion is the hologram one, and then only if it can change its hologram disguise repeatedly to let it have some longevity. ie oh people have figured out that i was probably a fake nuke op, so ill go out of sight and switch to being a holographic x-drone or something to keep messing with them from a new angle
Pretty sure kudzu seeds are 7tc but I may be wrong
(11-14-2016, 10:04 PM)misto Wrote: 6 tc sounds expensive for something that becomes useless the instant people figure out the trick

for example, arent kudzu seeds dirt cheap and a moderately effective distraction?

the only interesting one in my opinion is the hologram one, and then only if it can change its hologram disguise repeatedly to let it have some longevity. ie oh people have figured out that i was probably a fake nuke op, so ill go out of sight and switch to being a holographic x-drone or something to keep messing with them from a new angle

Yes, the Holographic one can be used repeatedly.

And I guess the X-Drone counts under Pods, so that's great as well!

And while Kudzu Seeds ARE ONE USE,

This CAN BE USED OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU EMAG IT OR SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT FROM ATTACKING YOUR HOLOGRAMS.

So Kudzu provides a more real and annoying threat, while this makes people laugh since they thought it was a Bleb.
I like this.

For extra jerk points, spawn a fake blob, space lube the floor, RCD the walls into space and since everyone will see the fake blob they'll walk right through and get spaced by the slippery floor.
How about a function that summons a holographic wizard? It couldn't actually hurt anyone; all it would be able to do is run around making wizard noises, phase or teleport away when the crew thinks they've stunned it, and whatever else an utterly harmless distraction-wizard could do.

Emag it, and it gets access to some really nerfed-to-hell spells, like a fake fireball that sets people on not-fire, where it looks like they're on fire, but it doesn't cause any burn damage. Largely harmless, but still very obnoxious.

Perhaps if you're not up to relying on people you've probably killed to help you out, maybe it could come with a pair of VR goggles so you can run around pretending to be antags you wish you rolled.