Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
welding shut vr pods
you should be able to weld them shut and trap their occupants
As if the fact that the pods can run out of air wasn't bad enough.
As if people actually use VR pods as is.
Also sleepers. But maybe there should be anti-tamper systems which will immediately wake the occupant up and open the pod, so hacking is required. This would give you more time to be caught.
Well people don't really use them to much but if people did use them more that would be great since you can trap them into VR. I like it but yes also sleepers
and cyborg charging stations, and clone pod, and cryo pod, and space pods
(11-14-2016, 10:11 PM)misto Wrote: and cyborg charging stations

Oh hell yes.

Borg gone rogue? Hide in a locker next to the recharge station, then lock them in when they try to juice up. Also potentially lock borgs out if they don't have a welder on them... Which is a bit of a dick move, now that I think about it, so maybe not?
>Vr pods
Because people need less of a reason to use those anyway
>Sleepers
Because addictions need to be even harder to get rid of
>Cyborg charging stations
Because cyborgs need to be even more reliant on humans than they already are
>Clone pods
Because cloning needs to be even easier to sabotage than it already is
>Cryo pods
See my comment on VR pods
>Space pods
Because fuck people who decide to actually leave the station to explore space instead of hiding in their department the entire round.

TL;DR version: Your ideas are bad and you should feel bad.
all of these would probably make the game way shittier and more frustrating
nobody even uses cryo/VR and sleepers are the best way to get rid of really shit addictions, making them irrationally dangerous- also these things are like mostly glass and plastic they aren't metal in the first place, how the fuck are you gonna weld em shut
(11-15-2016, 06:35 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: all of these would probably make the game way shittier and more frustrating
nobody even uses cryo/VR and sleepers are the best way to get rid of really shit addictions, making them irrationally dangerous- also these things are like mostly glass and plastic they aren't metal in the first place, how the fuck are you gonna weld em shut

heat the plastic/glass and mold it around into a seal
Please no, this is a Very Bad Idea
I support this, in theory, but in practice this will just give people even less of a reason to ever touch the VR pods, which would be sad.
If anything, welding them should make them movable.
I have to agree with the majority of criticism here, this would further disincentivize the usage of already seldom-used objects.
(11-15-2016, 03:39 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: >Vr pods
Because people need less of a reason to use those anyway
>Sleepers
Because addictions need to be even harder to get rid of
>Cyborg charging stations
Because cyborgs need to be even more reliant on humans than they already are
>Clone pods
Because cloning needs to be even easier to sabotage than it already is
>Cryo pods
See my comment on VR pods
>Space pods
Because fuck people who decide to actually leave the station to explore space instead of hiding in their department the entire round.

TL;DR version: Your ideas are bad and you should feel bad.

man your logic and reasoning is out there 

the idea is to trap people inside. little known fact: there is a wall radio that has the same frequency as the station's radio frequency so if you were trapped, your salvation is but a disposal chute away to the critter arena 

i don't see how welding a sleeper pod shut would make it difficult to cure an addiction. surely you're aware that being put inside a sleeper doesn't automatically k.o you. you have to have someone manually set it to make it so you fall unconscious. if your concern then is people welding people and setting the timer, then consider it's already possible to do so by stunning someone.

cyborgs have welders.  :cb:

what do you mean by sabotaging? welding the scanner shut is way less damaging than the already insanely easy method of just dragging a welding tank over a welder 

see above for cryo

and as for pods i honestly don't see the issue

and as for being able to weld more things causing the items use to be disincentivized, 

if you're trapped anyway what's stopping you from mashing ctrl+r to flip your way out like you can with lockers, crates, and even the refrigerator