Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You can staple together blueprints
You can use the ruckingineer to make blueprints, then staple them to other blueprints to make a booklet.

Curiously this does not let you bulk load a bunch of blueprints into the reverse fabricator either, but it seems kinda silly to let the player ruin blueprints with a stapler.
(07-14-2016, 01:37 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: You can use the ruckingineer to make blueprints, then staple them to other blueprints to make a booklet.

Curiously this does not let you bulk load a bunch of blueprints into the reverse fabricator either, but it seems kinda silly to let the player ruin blueprints with a stapler.

Requesting stapling together blue prints creates entirely new items that are combinations of the two.

Whether or not those items are useful is another matter.
(07-14-2016, 02:04 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 01:37 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: You can use the ruckingineer to make blueprints, then staple them to other blueprints to make a booklet.

Requesting stapling together blue prints creates entirely new items that are combinations of the two.

Careful there, you're a step away from attempting to implement Homestuck's nightmarish concept of an alchemy system.
I'd rather stapling blueprints let you load them en masse.
(07-14-2016, 02:04 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

We have the make-shitty-item proc, so this would be feasable.
(07-14-2016, 03:12 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I'd rather stapling blueprints let you load them en masse.

This is what I was thinking, but thought it might be better as a suggestion thread.

I just figured I'd file it as a bug report and then see where the codermins take it from there.

That said, I think the alchemy system could be fun if mechanics is building stuff that "might" be useful to the crew.

Obvious would be combining both genetics scanners and circuit boards into a all in one dna machine. Or combining the cloner and deep frier into an instant clone cooker.

I guess that's outside the scope of a bug report though.
needs a return