Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Put the Detective's revolver box back in their backpack.
Make a seperate thread for the HoP implant gun/wave gun ideas.

As for the topic at hand- having them start with their revolvers in their backpacks/belt slot would be a good QoL change for detectives.
why not just make the revolver scanable or makeable?
(11-14-2016, 11:20 AM)Vuk Farkas Wrote: why not just make the revolver scanable or makeable?
Probably because the person who's stealing the revolver wouldn't bother to scan them.
Geoff Honkington should sell it for $50,000 credits
(11-14-2016, 11:20 AM)Vuk Farkas Wrote: why not just make the revolver scanable or makeable?

Because if there's only one detective gun on the station, there's no reason for the detective to make copies unless they want to mass produce detective guns.

I'd rather just give each detective their own gun because once you introduce something into the mechanics scanners, there's high chance someone will make their own copy or mass produce it.

I mean if the coders are okay with mass printing detective's gun it could be fun, but I kinda think detectives should have dibs on their six shooter.
Does the bartender start with his gun in his backpack? If not, why doesn't he have this problem? Also, I think it'd be neat if there was an easier way to get weapons, so fighting nuke ops teams wouldn't be so horrible.
The bartender does in fact start with his gun in his backpack so as to avoid this problem. About once every fortnight a thread pops up requesting that it start in the barman's room again so it can be looted by enterprising thieves once more.
(11-15-2016, 08:51 AM)Scrumpys Wrote: Does the bartender start with his gun in his backpack?  If not, why doesn't he have this problem?  Also, I think it'd be neat if there was an easier way to get weapons, so fighting nuke ops teams wouldn't be so horrible.

There was that improvised weapons thread. One nugget from that was making zipguns more reliable (I.E. not blowing up in your hand) at the cost limiting their ammo options more and using other improvised guns (which were sprited) for the larger calibers

I'm also down for Detective's spawning with guns, and would go so far as to say the gun should use a trinket style name the marks that gun as specifically belonging to them