Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spitting
Add a *spit verb. This would bring up a targeting reticule, and you could spit on the thing you target. A couple of associated ideas:
  • Chewing tobacco in the vending machines. Put it in your mouth to get a steady stream of nicotine. When you spit it leaves behind black spots at the target site.
  • Spitoons that make a ping noise when spit into
  • Saliva as a chem. Spit into cups and beakers to add a bit
  • Drink a thing and your spit carries a small amount of the most prominent chem in it
  • Spit when sick and leave behind nasty green phlegm
  • Spit when you have a bunch of brute damage and spit up blood and maybe teeth
  • Spit into your hands and get a short boost when completing tasks that take time
  • Spit on your shoes and clean them
  • Eat a watermelon and spit out the seeds
I like this a lot, since it adds potential for insult-to-injury and a lot of silly scenarios. (For example, I pray eating El Diablo and spitting causes fires.)
Rootin tootin
Another idea: Genetic mutations tied to spit, like spitting out items consumed. Should synergize well with matter eater
(11-10-2016, 05:15 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Another idea: Genetic mutations tied to spit, like spitting out items consumed. Should synergize well with matter eater

Great, now I can pretend to be Kirby while security chases me down if I'm a traitor!
Oh this is neat, I like the spitting up teeth thing :V
Seems like it has a lot of fun potential silliness

Maybe a mutation that makes you salivate so much you can spit and make tiles under you wet, empowered it acts like a horrible salivathrower/cannon
love the chewing tobacco idea. request some kinda space mountain dew bottles to spit into to add legitimacy to the redneckery.

edit: space redneckery
I did sprite some teeth a while ago. Size may vary.

(08-01-2016, 07:47 PM)Arborinus Wrote: Teeth 3 - Boring small edition:
Maybe a little better?

[Image: NXIGbsF.png]
saliva should react with most chemicals much like water does.

frankly, so should blood, and a person should be treated as a partially water-filled target on injection for chemical reaction purposes. but this might make some chem terrorist mixes even nastier
Does this mean I can spit acid at people as a scientist

Or like whoever breaks into chem
(11-12-2016, 10:04 PM)misto Wrote: saliva should react with most chemicals much like water does.

frankly, so should blood, and a person should be treated as a partially water-filled target on injection for chemical reaction purposes. but this might make some chem terrorist mixes even nastier

Okay, but on the other hand if you were to do that bananas would become literally inedible because they would explode when you try to eat them
Yeah but ya gotta drink some of the acid first
(11-13-2016, 12:59 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(11-12-2016, 10:04 PM)misto Wrote: saliva should react with most chemicals much like water does.

Okay, but on the other hand if you were to do that bananas would become literally inedible because they would explode when you try to eat them

then perhaps the reaction threshold of that reaction should be raised rather than any tiny bit coming in contact with water resulting in an explosion. bananas are a moist fruit, there is naturally some water content in there, and yet they do not explode willy nilly
Make a T1 symptom for Pathology which makes spit/saliva a transmission method - replacing the current Shakespeare quoting symptom. Move Shakespeare to T2.
Maybe the genetics thing for spitting should make high velocity spit, capable of causing some minor brute damage and spitting over a long distance.