Poll: remove asperger's joke items?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes, remove them
26.63%
45 26.63%
no, leave them in
73.37%
124 73.37%
Total 169 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
should we remove asperger's jokes y/n
I really have no strong feelings about it. I lean more toward the 'remove' side but only because making fun of a group of people because of a handful of people who only claim to be a part of it seems mean-spirited in itself... This comes from my overarching opinion that making fun of people either because they are genuinely mentally ill or whether they're just deluding themselves doesn't create anything but arguments and mental health is kind of a scary subject in itself that no one should treat lightly. Not the people making fun of others, or the people only claiming to fall in the spectrum to have an excuse for their behavior.

But... this is not an egregious example of that. It's barely noticed in the day to day gameplay. Alter the name of 'sperghetti' and no one will really notice that very much. And the example is a food item that actually prevents stunning in the game, iirc, so it's not even all that insulting in context.

I'll go with whatever the admins decide on this, it's not gonna bother me either way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: should we remove asperger's jokes y/n - by Houka - 11-13-2016, 01:57 PM