Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
asskek - irc banned by somepotato
Who banned you?: somepotato
Byond Key: asskek
Date of Ban: today my dude
Specified Reason for Ban: no explained reason
Ban Length: permanent
What led to the ban? alright, so i was hype about my boy DONALD TRUMP winning the election, so i went in the irc and said i was gonna celebrate by cooking up some hotdogs. the_rain called me a minority-killing eugenicist (that also hates poor people). now, i didn't say anything at first because i'm capable of acting like a mature adult when people don't like the things i like, even if they've got completely false reasons for doing so and insult me in critiquing the things i like. then, blackrayjack banned me. i was able to join a few minutes later because someone (presumably Urs) explained to them that banning someone because they like a presidential candidate because we live in a fucking democracy is slightly terrible. now, it was after this that i acted like a dick, i'll admit, and called the_rain a cunt for their prior comment. this sparked a ban. ((((i was then a chuckle assbaby and decided to go on data to give one last "fuck you" to the_rain, which was uncalled for and stupid))))
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: i was a dick and i'm sorry about that, but really banning me and not them is just stupid. i know i'm not the most liked guy aroudn here and i know goon is generally liberal as fuck, but banning me because i got excited about trump winning is just dumb. i'm not some /pol/ neo-nazi, i'm a normal fucking american that happens to be republican 
Evasion Attempts: see above
You left out the part where you called me a pessimistic cunt who hates America.
anyway to sum the above up: i know i'm fukken stupid and a chuckleshit but i was just excited, that's all
Oh, and you left out the part where I didn't aim it at you or call you anything, too. You EVADED A BAN to try to snipe at me one last time, when I politely ignored you coming back. While I have a legitimate reason for being concerned about the outcome of the recent election, I never insulted you personally.
(11-08-2016, 09:36 PM)The_Rain Wrote: You left out the part where you called me a pessimistic cunt who hates America.

well actually
i quite explicitly put in the part where i called you a cunt, because i thought that was the most important part
i apologize for not outlining the entire insult
[Image: oCWgV0U.png]

anyway i thought you made it pretty clear that you dislike the democratic system

i wish there was an edit feature so i can delete dumb stuff like my last post just now
smile))
Yeah, edit would be nice. And I never said I disliked the democratic system, duder. Not once at all.
(11-08-2016, 09:37 PM)The_Rain Wrote: Oh, and you left out the part where I didn't aim it at you or call you anything, too. You EVADED A BAN to try to snipe at me one last time, when I politely ignored you coming back. While I have a legitimate reason for being concerned about the outcome of the recent election, I never insulted you personally.

well i dunno man i thought i made it pretty clear that i'm sorry for that and i think it was dumb

now whatever your reasons are for disliking big yellow
there's nothing that comes after that
i don't care that you dislike big yellow i care that you called me a classist murderer

addendum: either way i was dumb and i shouldnt have sperged out
Look, I can't really answer that without a political derail. What you did was wildly inappropriate. A lot of us are intensely worked up because hey, it affects us personally. I don't hate America. Actually, I care about it immensely. That's why I strive to take care of my LGBTQ friends, and those who would be persecuted. Poor peeps are people, too.

And I certainly don't hate democracy. The idea that someone being unhappy with an outcome means they hate democracy is utterly absurd.

Anyway, good luck with your ban appeal. Just please leave me alone.
alright pal

i appreciate the conversation
Uh, also. You shouldn't use 'sperged out' to describe what you did. It's pretty rude towards people with autism. Not to be the PC police, but people with autism and chronic illnesses get shit on enough without their condition being mocked or used to describe just lashing out.

You got upset, I got upset. Coming into chat and spamming all caps wasn't so great to start with. You lashed out, sure. I knew you were upset, and that's why I didn't point out you evaded a ban under a new name. Maybe you chilled and wanted to request a lift. But that wasn't the case.

So don't think for a moment I'm out for you.
i'm sorry you're offended on their behalf and i'm sorry you're playing on goon if you're irritated by the use of a phrase like "sperged out" because i guarantee you'll see it much more here

i thought you wanted me to leave you alone rain why are you still here
please go
Sperged out is a pretty ableist term..
This is not the place for discussion of the use of the term "sperged," thanks. If people have an issue with that word overall we can have a separate discussion of it.
and indeed we shall! https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7433
You weren't banned for being pro-trump. You were banned for harassing rain. And whats this about evading bans?