Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Syndicate Item: Black Paint Bomb
A relatively stupid idea I had for an item, what the black paint bomb is... err, what do you think?

It's a relatively cheap item that coats everything and everyone in its range in black paint. Floors, walls, tables, people, pets, gibs, et cetera. It might have some practical uses, but above all else it's more of a trollish-sort of item that makes finding items difficult. That said, in all that mess it's pretty hard to see traps and the like if they're painted too...

Obviously, fixing paint dispenser gives the crew an easy (if tedious) way to fix the problem. If you're not just using the black paint bomb as a distraction it might be worth getting rid of them ahead of time.
The AI is semi-capable of finding you amidst the paint if you use it to hide, too, but they can't actually see you moving around as long as you don't shift between cameras.
So literally blackout everything in an area and make your sweet escape, leaving security choking on paint fumes as they claw the black out of their eyes.

I like the idea.
I don't know why but it absolutely needs the superfart sound effect
How about paint bombs in general, with your choice of colors? They should be mouse trap viable too for stuffing into containers and having someone get painted who tries to pillage the contents
I swear something like this happened to the escape wing on Destiny
(11-08-2016, 08:42 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: How about paint bombs in general, with your choice of colors? They should be mouse trap viable too for stuffing into containers and having someone get painted who tries to pillage the contents
I was considering that, but decided that'd be way too abusable by funny guys once the paint dispensers are up.
Though, in turn it balances out by giving people white paint bombs. But white paint bombs would make the practicality of black paint bombs less... err, practical.

The idea could go either way and I'd be fine, just as long as black paint bombs become a thing for people to mess around with.

(11-08-2016, 09:36 AM)Burrito Justice Wrote: I swear something like this happened to the escape wing on Destiny
Nope, that clown wasn't me, no siree no it wasn't.
(Props to that mime for doing his damndest to find the disposals chute and flush it, by the way.)