Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Who were the worst players from 2009, 2010, 2011 and so on?
I remember one guy, think it was Jean-Luc Picard or something around '14 constantly supercopping as sec. Caught a lot of flak for it in the SA thread.
(02-11-2017, 03:18 AM)Sergeant_Crunch Wrote: I remember one guy, think it was Jean-Luc Picard or something around '14 constantly supercopping as sec. Caught a lot of flak for it in the SA thread.

yeah and he got super duper no erasies banned late last year
What exactly provoked that? I know I sure as hell had my issues with him, and had to ahelp him a lot.
(02-11-2017, 04:49 AM)The Worst Wrote: What exactly provoked that? I know I sure as hell had my issues with him, and had to ahelp him a lot.

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7775
Wasn't he the one that ALWAYS wore the battered trench coat, NT beret, and a gasmask?
(02-11-2017, 05:06 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 04:49 AM)The Worst Wrote: What exactly provoked that? I know I sure as hell had my issues with him, and had to ahelp him a lot.

Jean-Luc Picard wasn't played by the late Vampirate. His username is TheOnlyRyan. He hasn't been around in a while!
(02-11-2017, 03:28 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: Jean-Luc Picard wasn't played by the late Vampirate. His username is TheOnlyRyan. He hasn't been around in a while!

to clarify Vampirate was Dickson Ormus

and yes jean also liked to abuse the loafer like crazy
Jean was a dirty bugger but he was also fun to play with!
Jean was ok, from my experience playing with him. Seems he stopped playing altogether after a few rounds of saying he was getting bored of ss13, learning the secret of "elf ears", and jumping into the crusher.
I also hadn't so much an issue with Jean, although he was the definition of a bad sechop, which he nearly always rolled.

If you removed his temperment and powergaming, he was an ok dude.
Duke Pukem was a memorable sechop. Wasn't he pretty much responsible for the addition of implants to use tasers? Tasers were terrifying back then though.
Congratulations, you've just raised me from the grave!!

Yeah I was possibly some of the reason why the Head of Personal was specifically made not a member of the security team. It wasn't just me doing that but I was possibly the biggest "offender" for it. In fairness, HoP was the shittiest and least thanked role in the entire game at the time since your job was essentially glorified card monkey who changes jobs for the first 5 minutes of the round then has no real purpose.

However, I feel I was definitely responsible for several incidents that resulted in bugfixes at a later date involving:
- Chainthrowing people into windows to permastun and kill them
- Throwing floor tiles at people to do 20 damage a pop, repeatedly.
- Cloning the gibber using electronics access and then building a new one in the middle of main corridoors and throwing people into it as they ran past
- Cloning the meat grinder and putting that in the middle of corridoors and then abusing a BYOND glitch that would let you gib people who weren't actually inside the gibber when it was turned on, provided that you opened the menu on the gibber before they escaped from it to remote gib them Toots
- Shooting a lot of traitors.

Honestly I feel half my bad rep came from the fact I prized catching traitors and other criminal scum over actually lite-rping the game. Security was a means to the end in that regard. You deal with the minor annoyances like arresting the clown for filling the bar with buttbots, but as soon as you get word of syndicates or traitors you go motherfucking full guns blazing and make sure those motherfuckers are aware duke pukem is on the station to take out the trash.

Well anyway, back to idling for 5 years.

Oh also, I forgot I got bad rep with the admins for admintalking a lot, but that was because this was back when admins would universally, without fail, every fucking round, spawn a black hole or a space clown bus or infected everyone with cosbitis or make themselves a wizard because they were bored with the traitor only killing their targets or the changeling dying in the first 4 seconds of the round because it transformed infront of the security team and got bludgeoned to death instantly.
always bet on puke
HEY! THE GOON NECROMANCER SUMMONED ME, THE GREAT JEAN-LUC PICARD also known as the best sec cop officer HOP that ever graced Goon from the dead!

(02-11-2017, 04:14 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 03:18 AM)Sergeant_Crunch Wrote: I remember one guy, think it was Jean-Luc Picard or something around '14 constantly supercopping as sec. Caught a lot of flak for it in the SA thread.

yeah and he got super duper no erasies banned late last year

Crunch - The only reason I caught flak was because I was the best god damn security officer on the station. Also I changed my ways following that year and another half a year out of Goon.

Babayetu83 - Unless theres someone else named Jean-Luc Picard that got banned, that werent me. If there was another Jean-Luc ruining my good name that makes me super sad. To clarify I havent played on Goon since like.. october of 2016? ish

eh, are you mistaking this vampirate for me? or am I reading this wrong.

(02-11-2017, 09:32 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Wasn't he the one that ALWAYS wore the battered trench coat, NT beret, and a gasmask?

Is this about me or this vampire guy, if its me then I prefered a bowler and sunglasses over beret and gasmask.

(02-11-2017, 03:28 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote:

Jean-Luc Picard wasn't played by the late Vampirate. His username is TheOnlyRyan. He hasn't been around in a while!

Thanks black haired screamy girl boon yoon! am hur naw

(02-11-2017, 03:43 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 03:28 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: Jean-Luc Picard wasn't played by the late Vampirate. His username is TheOnlyRyan. He hasn't been around in a while!

to clarify Vampirate was Dickson Ormus

and yes jean also liked to abuse the loafer like crazy

Dicokson Ormus got banned!??!?!?!?

and check dem facts Zewaka, I wouldnt even know how to start building a loafer. Let alone abuse the loafer.
Arent you confusing me with that dude that built loafers

EVERY

SINGLE

ROUND

And he ended up getting antag banned for a while? Either way I have no clue how to loaf.

(02-13-2017, 07:27 PM)lambskin Wrote: Jean was a dirty bugger but he was also fun to play with!

I'll take both of these things as a compliment!

(02-13-2017, 11:12 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Jean was ok, from my experience playing with him. Seems he stopped playing altogether after a few rounds of saying he was getting bored of ss13, learning the secret of "elf ears", and jumping into the crusher.

Yeah, I did get bored. This 6 month-ish break has been one of several breaks Ive taken from Spacestation 13, really makes me sad coming back, seeing all the same names. It's like I lose a little part in peoples memory and that I have to earn it back. I guess it's kind of like dying and seeing that the world doesnt stop.

But yes, I learned the power of elf ears and I'll always be grateful to you for that.

(02-14-2017, 06:53 AM)Sundance Wrote: I also hadn't so much an issue with Jean, although he was the definition of a bad sechop, which he nearly always rolled.

If you removed his temperment and powergaming, he was an ok dude.

I hope we can all realize this was back in like, 2013-14. I kinda wish you all put a time stamp on this or atleast acknowledge that I changed over time.

Also that I was a kickass head of security assistant, an officer that could be relied on to complete a task and bring justice to the station. I worked under you on many occaisions.

I know who'd Id pick for worst player, but the name escapes me at the moment. Whoever it was had a giant OOC hatred of me and always thought I targeted him with grudges.
Oh yeah, Nerdy Collins! I wouldn't say he's the worst by any means; he's hella robust, able to take on the whole station in murderbone mode, and even when he was antag banned for antagscumming, he still managed to bring the funpain as a crewman.

I remember one time when I was mucking with the teleporter, he broke his way in and stunned the living daylights out of me. I immediately resigned to my fate, there was nothing I could do, especially against Nerdy, so I asked him for mercy. Instead of murdering me, he stole my shoes and my trinket and then took off looking for his next victim. I'd never been so relieved to be robbed!

Another time, I ran into him in the loafery, putting together some kind of elaborate loafing device, minding his own business. My first instinct was to run, but I knew from experience that wouldn't help anything. So instead, I asked if he needed any help, hoping to trade a good deed for being killed last. He agreed, and he didn't kill me! I think that was the first time I felt spaceterror just for being in the same room with someone.

Though there was a guy on recently who renamed the AI Adolf and told it to go on a racist rampage. That was pretty awful.