Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Charles Ludwig
BYOND Username: Enscythe
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Times Available: Evenings and nights Pacific Time

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):  SS13 is probably the most complex game I have ever played. I first played this game back in 2007, managed to kill myself with my shoes in the shuttle, and promptly uninstalled it. I think that the mentor system is one of the best ways to help players who are struggling with the (sometimes) quirky mechanics of the game and can also contribute greatly to keeping newer players from simply giving up. I took a break from playing for the majority of this past year, and thanks in part to mentors I got caught up quickly on some of the new changes. There are new things constantly being added to the game, and even if you take a break for a few months you might come back to things not working at all like you remembered.

I'm reasonably knowledgeable about every job in the game, and when I'm not fleeing from wizards or doing a traitor thing myself, I'm often trying to help other people with what they're doing. Back on Cog1 I spent a majority of my time in engineering teaching new players how to set up the engine, and it was one of the things that I really enjoyed the most. These days I spend a lot of my time in medbay chasing players with healing patches in my hands, or if I'm joining a round late, filling in as security since there often seems to be none on the station. 

Goonstation in particular has a really great community. I always knew this, but it really sank in during the time I was appealing my ban and checked out some of the other servers. I think if I were to become a mentor myself I could help newer players in the same way that the current mentors have helped me over the years.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): While I was taking a break from the game, my BYOND key was banned due to some CKey thing that I do not really understand. 

Thread is here: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7254
I've seen you teach people how to run the engine and that's something I find really good, and also being a generally good player with a nice attitude. I believe that's more than enough to get the purple text.

Yes from me.
yeah ive seen you around for a long time and you know your shit and i think youd make a great mentor
+1.
Charles Ludwig is a good player and is definitely mentor material.
Yes, how are you not a mentor? You taught me how the engine works and showed me that magboots block teleporting.
Pretty chill dude who I have seen around quite a bit and knows things. Yeah.
Yep. Don't really need to say anything else.
yes
I was just wondering the other day "How in the world is Charles Ludwig not a mentor?".

A yes from me.
this dude showed me how to run the engine years ago. fo sho
With my fresh Goonstation forum account and my name being rather unknown, I don't expect my opinion to count for much but I'll give it anyway.

I go by Miguel Blunt most of the time in game and I've played off and on for years. Ludwig's taught and retaught me the game each time I came back after a long break.

My questons can be stupid and neverending at times, but he's never been annoyed or impatient with me. He knows each job well and has great knowledge of the game.

Make Ludwig a mentor.
Charles.L is definitely mentor material.