Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Chemical Ideas
These are a few of my idea's for Chemicals. Let me know how it sounds!

Polychlorinated dibenzofuran:
Decreases depletion rates of chemicals in your body.
Real Polychlorinated dibenzofuran decreases your metabolism, and is found in certain pesticides.
Maybe this could do the same thing? Slight toxicity, and slows down the chemical depletion rates in your body? 
Recipe: 2 parts Chlorine, 1 part Carbon, 1 part Water, 2 parts Diethylamine, 1 part Oil, 1 part Phenol. Makes 1 PCDF.

Calcium:
Does nothing, I think. maybe slightly increases bone strength. Is bone strength a thing?
Could be found in milk.
Recipe: Stock Chem 

Calcium Carbonate:
When applied to floor tiles, makes Calcium Dust. 
Recipe: 1 parts Calcium, 1 parts Hydrogen, 1 parts Carbon.

Chalk:
Can be heated to make a stick of chalk.
Used like a crayon.
Recipe: 1 parts Colourful Reagent, 1 parts Chalk. Makes 2 chalk.

Quicklime:
When in someone's system: +1 Losebreath, +1 Oxy Damage.
Increases corpse degradation.
Recipe: 1 Parts Calcium Carbonate, 1 Oil, 1 Water, 1 Parts Carbon.

I forget if I had any more ideas.
I'll add them as I go.
How about concrete?

Works like metal foam, but slower and stronger?

Apply it to shoes and put someone in the pool wearing them to drown them
(11-05-2016, 06:38 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: How about concrete?

Works like metal foam, but slower and stronger?

Apply it to shoes and put someone in the pool wearing them to drown them

I like that idea.
What if the Calcium gave you a better chance for limbs to not be blown of while it is in your body?
If we're talking chemical ideas, we could try re-introducing nitrogen triiodide.

And before everyone loses there mind and says that doing so is a terrible idea, it's only a terrible idea if triiodide is unchanged from the nightmare that it was.

In real life, triiodide actually seems to be extremely weak. When it was in the game, it was just too strong, easily tearing limbs off of people and catching people in weird chain reactions that did huge brute damage. This might be more of a flaw on the side of explosion code and limb code, but making a drastically weakened triiodide that can't be foamed or smoked would be nice. Could possible also make it emit a solely aesthetic puff of purple smoke upon exploding. It's use could potentially be in the form as acting like an odd contact trigger for other stuff, like a poor man's proximity sensor.
NI3 before the fix wasn't that bad. That's why it was never used. I wouldn't mind if it came back as basically a prank/trigger chem, but that's about it.

Oh chems. Ah, just had an idea thanks to a few recent threads:

[insertfunnynamefora diuretic]:

When introduced to n units, immediately cause subject to piss themselves for n units of piss. Additional: it could lower blood pressure. Additional: said piss is a container for n units of chems in bloodstream (ratios kept). Additional: said piss only registers as 'urine' when checked with a reagent scanner. This way you could obfuscate the piss contents for pissy reasons.

Sorry. I just wanted to use both obfuscate and piss in a sentence.

Alternate: When introduced to n units, cause subject to exude a desire for urination in the form of pee-centric thoughts and strange leg movements. This continues until subject takes a piss, or an unlucky roll (chance increased by amount consumed) leads one to piss themselves.

As we all know, public urination makes beepsky very happy. We should try to keep beepsky happy at all times.

edit: and yeah I realized half way through that this isn't a 'hey post your chem ideas here' but a 'hey check out my chem ideas', but close enough.
(11-05-2016, 03:11 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: NI3 before the fix wasn't that bad. That's why it was never used. I wouldn't mind if it came back as basically a prank/trigger chem, but that's about it.

Oh chems. Ah, just had an idea thanks to a few recent threads:

[insertfunnynamefora diuretic]:

When introduced to n units, immediately cause subject to piss themselves for n units of piss. Additional: it could lower blood pressure. Additional: said piss is a container for n units of chems in bloodstream (ratios kept). Additional: said piss only registers as 'urine' when checked with a reagent scanner. This way you could obfuscate the piss contents for pissy reasons.

Sorry. I just wanted to use both obfuscate and piss in a sentence.

Alternate: When introduced to n units, cause subject to exude a desire for urination in the form of pee-centric thoughts and strange leg movements. This continues until subject takes a piss, or an unlucky roll (chance increased by amount consumed) leads one to piss themselves.

As we all know, public urination makes beepsky very happy. We should try to keep beepsky happy at all times.

edit: and yeah I realized half way through that this isn't a 'hey post your chem ideas here' but a 'hey check out my chem ideas', but close enough.

Urinium

EDIT: Also, yeah, when I did actual research into nitrogen triiodide I was baffled at how destructive it was before being removed. What the heck?? Bring it back in weak form.
I forget the names of the chems that push things away/pull things in when made but a diluted version of those that does a low-level artifact repulsion/attraction field would be super cool
(11-06-2016, 03:24 PM)poland spring Wrote: I forget the names of the chems that push things away/pull things in when made but a diluted version of those that does a low-level artifact repulsion/attraction field would be super cool

Sorium for pushing shit, liquid spacetime for pulling shit.
No its liquid dark matter liquid spacetime is that stuff that infects you with teleportisis