Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New tool for Engineering Borgs
Archenteron Wrote:
Captain_Bravo Wrote:You people have no imagination. You need a tool that can go on a (possibly) murderous machine man, can be used to operate valves by turning them, and might lead to many, many hilarious deaths by explosion and/or burning. It obviously needs to look like this:

[Image: Assault_Dalek_Arm.jpg]

Give them the clamps.
[Image: 4-clamps_786_poster.png]

Can this be me now?
Yeah that little valve turner looks useful as currently engineering borgs seem to be half engineering half electrician, but without the primary abilities of either. (Actually running the engine due to valves, or scanning things without a device analyser.)
On the agenda:
1) Before this thread was derailed by silly futurama references (which, by the way, could we have those removed? I feel like it detracted heavily from the possibility of this being implemented), I think people were pretty unanimously for this suggestion.

2) Anyone have any idea what kind of state this suggestion is in among the coders?
UrsulaMejor Wrote:*Borgs would be able to do horrible things with the engine and toxins

I welcome anything that allows skilled borgs to do other harm to the station than rapidly RCDing out floors.
You could also make it so that using a crowbar turns the valves saving the need for adding a new item.
That makes total and perfect sense Geo. I'm all for that.
Geo Wrote:You could also make it so that using a crowbar turns the valves saving the need for adding a new item.
Only if you take the crowbar away from other Borgs. The point is to make the engineering Borg relevant by giving it, and only it, the power to run the engine, as it was back when we had the singularity.

If you do that, there'd be even less reason to pick anything other than construction
I didn't think Engineering Borgs could run the engine back during the singularity days? You had to load the collecters with small plasma tanks, I'm pretty sure no borg could do that.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:I didn't think Engineering Borgs could run the engine back during the singularity days? You had to load the collecters with small plasma tanks, I'm pretty sure no borg could do that.
Ah, forgot about that. they got farther than most, though, with their Welder
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Geo Wrote:You could also make it so that using a crowbar turns the valves saving the need for adding a new item.
Only if you take the crowbar away from other Borgs. The point is to make the engineering Borg relevant by giving it, and only it, the power to run the engine, as it was back when we had the singularity.

If you do that, there'd be even less reason to pick anything other than construction

Taking crowbar away from borgs is rather pointless, and the crowbar is needed for alot of things.
Giving them the Valve key lets them be the borgs only to run the engine.
I really think this needs to be added pretty quick, it's a bit of a faux pas that an engineering borg cannot run the engine.
Here, I sprited the valve key, took me all of 20 minutes.
[Image: jbgdX3E.png]
I love the idea, EVERYONE goes construction borg ATM because the other borgs are too finnicky/useless. Having the engieering borg actually able to do the job of an engineer seems like a no-brainer to me. This would also mean that rogue borgs might actually do something other than removing floor/wall tiles every round.
This is a great idea. Now that Law 1 has been changed, borgs will no longer be compelled to run around being a general nuisance (at least no more so than usual) if they happen to be in the engine room when people are bursting into flames.