Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Weird Material Ghost Bug
Okay this bug is a weird bunch of things that I've experienced twice, but I think it's consistent enough to maybe be replicated?

If as a ghost, you go into observe mode towards another ghost, via dragging yourself into said ghost, and then the ghost you're observing switches mobs and goes inside say, a living skull, or a real body (both times i've experienced have been admin shenanigans), after a few seconds of black screen you'll be able to move around as if you were alive, being blocked by walls, and able to actually open doors that have no access requirement, like the hallway ones, and push things like crates around, and even go into the void or portals. During this time, you also have no HUD, and can't interact with anything, and clicking on something just gives the examine text like regular ghosting.

You also block people if their intent is set to anything but help, and switch places with them if they're on help, again as if you were alive on the help intent, and you can use the stop observing verb to go back to being a ghost. I have no clue what could be going on to cause this.
So in other words you become material. That's actually a neat as hell bug.

Edit: I am incapable of reading.
yeah this bug.... hahaha
if you become this kind of ghost being, you become... SOMETHING
I have not been able to track down what it is exactly, because it's almost impossible to even get to someone when they are a SOMETHING
it's so fucking scary I honestly get spooked whenever I see a case of this
It's like you are literally the physical representation of a client or something funky I bet
It's like you're really haunting the place
If I made it so you can't affect players in this state, how would people feel about this becoming a feature? I know what causes it.
Make it a feature. If you made it so material ghosts can't affect players than they are just spookier ghostdrones.
If you can't affect other people in a bad way, being a dumb poltergeist thing sounds like a lot of fun, so I think feature would be nice.
This was a fun bug!!! was it fixed?
Is it becoming a 'secret' feature?
Not really secret but I made it so it can't really interfere with other mobs.