Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ley Lines
Many people who believe in ghosts, follow Lay Lines. Lay Lines are invisible lines that track where paranormal activity is. They generally form a X and at the intersection point is where the paranormal activity is the greatest and easiest to spot. So I come with this idea fir SS13. Randomly, there is the intersection point and it forms a X. If you step on a tile thats a part of the invisible X, there is a slight chance you can see a ghost. The closer to the intersection, the higher the chance. At the intersection spot, which is a varying size, you can see all ghosts. This provides no real use since you cannot hear the ghosts, just see them walk. The ghosts also don't know where the lay lines are, so a human has to speak about it for the ghost to know.
sounds like fun

just goes to show that space station 13 was built over a space native american burial ground
(11-03-2016, 12:44 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: sounds like fun

just goes to show that space station 13 was built over a space native american burial ground

you peel back the floor tiles and find a skeleton wearing a headdress just underneath the station

"how did we miss this all this time"
I don't really like the whole ghost thing, something more mystical and less "another way to metagame" would be better.

Whatever their function is, mesons and thermals should be able to see them. There could also be some sort of dowsing rod to help detect them.

Wizards could also maybe see them, and use them to empower spells or something.
(11-03-2016, 02:07 PM)Arborinus Wrote: I don't really like the whole ghost thing, something more mystical and less "another way to metagame" would be better.

Whatever their function is, mesons and thermals should be able to see them. There could also be some sort of dowsing rod to help detect them.

Wizards could also maybe see them, and use them to empower spells or something.

could also possibly tie in with a way to damage or empower wraiths depending on the circumstances, they appear & connect random departments giving these roles a reason to go places in particular rather than wander around murdering aimlessly