Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
removing chaplain spell invincibility was really stupid
the chaplain is basically the only person that can control a wizard with any sort of reliability because anyone else that tries to jump a wizard gets an instant fireball/magic missile, and with that removed wizards are essentially invincible to everything short of suicide bombs (which are frowned upon, so pretty much everyone)

even with spell invincibility, chaplains were easily killable because a wizard can just kill or incapacitate a security officer and steal his gear or ID and then incapacitate and kill the chaplain

it was removed because A CERTAIN ADMIN WHOSE NAME I SHALL NOT MENTION FOR FEAR OF HUMILIATION AND VENGEANCE AGAINST MY PERSON got killed as a wizard by a chaplain that was using his abilities in an intelligent way unlike 90% of chaplains
also if you really think its overpowered to have a single person on the station as an anti-wizard among hordes of people just make the invincibility drop off at 40% corruption or something
There is already a thread for this...
ok well im dumb i already looked to see but this thread is still worth more since i added more words so its better see
Also doesn't this belong in general discussion unless there is some kind of idea or suggestion?
well the suggestion is sort of implied since it's suggesting that it was a dumb idea to remove the only surefire way to have a chance against wizards and that it should be readded and/or buffed
if a crew of like 40 people can't stop one asshole without turning the chaplain into a crusader then they have it coming. Here is a radical idea, how about the crew cooperate together to stop the wizard instead of relying on one small group of people to do it so the rest can act like assholes?
frown

Every time the wizard come's round there are only like 2 people trying to kill him, most of the others will bust in and kill you for trying to lay your hands on a wizard, or the wizard will do a friendly wizard gimmick and you get the same thing.

I have no complaints about removing the chaplain's ability, i think that it wasn't needed, but the biggest problem about dealing with a wizard is the dumbass reaction from the crew.
Shoddy Wrote:frown

Every time the wizard come's round there are only like 2 people trying to kill him, most of the others will bust in and kill you for trying to lay your hands on a wizard, or the wizard will do a friendly wizard gimmick and you get the same thing.

I have no complaints about removing the chaplain's ability, i think that it wasn't needed, but the biggest problem about dealing with a wizard is the dumbass reaction from the crew.
This is true. I can name several people that have attacked and stripped me (to varying degrees of success) for daring to attack a wizard and proceeded to scream about how security is shit for not dealing with the wizard.

All part of the fun social experiment that is SS13, though! The crew that prevent you from saving them from a wizard do not deserve saved from a wizard. Convince them otherwise or give up on the idiots.
I have personally killed 3 wizards since this change.
well on the issue of people playing wizard apprentice it's kind of important then to have the chaplain have an ability to stop the wizard since not many other people seem to be willing to help, but i guess if everyone is repeatedly massacred by wizards people would learn to stop helping them ugh i dunno
It takes a measly 3 lasers to send a wizard into critical. Whenever i was a wizard, i'd just bring the mutate spell and beat in the chaplains head with tk. Not really a massive change
well i just had my first wizard round today in half a year, i opened all the egun lockers in security but only got one before i had to run, i was later handcuffed by a securitron in maintenance and i still managed to kill 5 people trying to kill me with eguns, revolvers, tasers, and flashes while handcuffed and then escape and continue the rampage, so wizards are still incredibly overpowered
how can you kill five people while handcuffed, was the staff still in your hand or something.
you can still use spells without a staff, they're just weaker

i.e. shocking grasp just gives heavy burns, fireball just starts a fire on the tile the target is standing on and knocks them down, magic missile fires a single shot, etc