Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduce/remove space bears from animal crates
If you get hit once and no one is there to save you, you're dead. The QMs can shit these things out constantly and will do so because it's new. This seems kind of Terrible and Bad. They crop up pretty goddamn often so far from the animal crates.
I do think they should be rarer for how dangerous they are, if they're as common as you imply, but they should still show up anyways.

Space bears are simultaneously hilarious and pants-shittingly scary, and I love them for it. My favorite near-death experience so far is actually because of them~
I wanna say it's a good deterrent to crate spam, but it'd likely promote it due to how our people are. It's just one of those things that will have to be adjusted once the usage gets normalized. Can't do that without proper stats.

space bear FREE HUGS!! space bear
make space bears and other bad things come in the boxes if the console is emagged
you should be able to deter them from mauling you by providing them with hunny
There are 13 current possible animals, each crate will have between 4 and 6 of them. so bears shouldn't be especially common.

I'm gonna blame the new crates being new and maybe fiddle with adding more animals later.
It's probably more of an silly exploit but if you drive a utility tractor hitched to a cargo trailer you can drag the space bear onto the trailer and drive it around. This is a waste of a perfectly good cargo trailer but it means you don't have to deal with the space bear, and you can safely either drive it off station, or figure out a way to get rid of it. I just do it because it's hilarious, but it works to render spacebears somewhat harmless as long as nobody lets the space bear off the trailer. I think it would work better if certain NPCs were shown with a cage overlay on top of the trailer to denote that it can't jump out and kill you.
RIP cargo crate bear, you lasted like 2 days.
(10-31-2016, 11:57 AM)Gannets Wrote: RIP cargo crate bear, you lasted like 2 days.

Enter cargo crate wendingo
I'd adopt a syndicate killbot those poor guys don't get any love