Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emagging Cyborg Modules
What would be interesting is if you could emagg modules for a Cyborg. So I have come up with a outline of what some types of modules emagged could contain for cyborgs. These items can replace others, be an addition, or whatever.

Module Type:
Items in it:
Notes:

Be creative! Come up with new ways for Borgs to kill other than stabbing with a screwdriver!
Module Type: Medical
Items in it: Pancuronium reserve tank, Sodium Thiopental reserve tank, sleepy pen.
Notes: Emags your hyposprays and defibrillator.
Emags do too much already IMO. Now on the other hand offering up a Traitor blank-module then could be tossed into the rewriter for a traitor-version of whatever module? Much better.
(10-27-2016, 04:27 PM)Erev Wrote: Emags do too much already IMO. Now on the other hand offering up a Traitor blank-module then could be tossed into the rewriter for a traitor-version of whatever module? Much better.

I actually rather like that idea, gives more usage of the rewriter
(10-27-2016, 04:27 PM)Erev Wrote: Emags do too much already IMO. Now on the other hand offering up a Traitor blank-module then could be tossed into the rewriter for a traitor-version of whatever module? Much better.

How many telecrystals? Or would it be a box of them? You never make one cyborg, after all.
Perhaps just include one along with the Syndicate Frame, it'll inspire more people to use those things.

Then again, when actually used, those things are already Overpowered enough.
(10-27-2016, 04:45 PM)YoukCat Wrote: Perhaps just include one along with the Syndicate Frame, it'll inspire more people to use those things.

Does the Syndicate Frame have any advantage over changing the laws?
Yes, very much.

The Cyborgs can see Syndicate Operatives and eachother. The Cyborgs cannot be interacted with by the AI. The Cyborgs are like permanent, temporary Mindslaves.

Only real problem with them is that other Syndicate Operatives can command them as well.
(10-27-2016, 04:53 PM)MagicStudiosGuy Wrote:
(10-27-2016, 04:45 PM)YoukCat Wrote: Perhaps just include one along with the Syndicate Frame, it'll inspire more people to use those things.

Not particularly, it's just that traitor borgs are ludicrously powerful. All the advantages of being a borg without any of that pesky killswitch or having to keep people alive malarkey. A single determined contruction or chem borg could reduce the entire station to an airless husk in a few minutes.
(10-27-2016, 04:53 PM)MagicStudiosGuy Wrote:

It changes the base 3 laws and also shows them who is syndi iirc.
Did emagging cyborg frames ever get changed? I always found that odd. You could also have a cyborg stick small items into a container and then emag it for them, but I actually liked that.
Yup, emagging frames now removes all laws, the same as emagging an active cyborg. I found this out far too late.