Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff of Polymorph/Polymorph spell for the wizard
since it seems like there's code to play as critters now, i think it'd be fun if the wizard got a spell or a staff that would allow him to polymorph people into critters

monkeys, cockroaches, possums, cats, dogs, geese, and maybe more rarely a wendigo and a yeti

ADMIN EDIT: birds, too
Sounds neat, though I fear the coder headache and then the potential problems with inventory management.

Edit: I just realized that this says turn OTHER people into animals. For some reason I thought that the wizard would turn into an animal.
I would be infinitely less peeved being turned into a bird than a cluwne. After all, better preen than green.
ahaha I love it
more sassy animals, yes, absolutely
"the captain got turned into a bird"
"what"
Absolutely yes, I want to be able to go full fun mode wizard
If you become a pretty bird can you talk?
I think the wizard should be able to polymorph as well. Suddenly there's a cat running down the hall dragging a cape behind it and holding a staff in its mouth, wearing a big pointy hat. Being a cat, it can fit into mail chutes!

This might be super headachey to code, though, so maybe not.

(also familiars might be cool)
How does creature code work? Would it be more likely that you just dump all your items on the floor or is it more like being in something like a pod?

I think make it a projectile spell with an area of effect, so you can catch multiple people in it or even yourself, then give everyone a random creature from a table.
Should probable mention in this thread that Haine added the spell to the game