Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Traitor Geneticist
I think traitor geneticists should have a few more options for committing dastardly deeds related to their job. Among the many ideas i had one really stood out. The syndicate chromosome. The Syndie chromosome would have a powerful effect on the few genes it can be applied to. It would cost 6-8TC and spawn an inconspicuous filled DNA activator that when inserted into the genetics console would unlock the chromosome.

EFFECTS
------------------------------
Gamma Ray Exposure
When enhanced the subjects sprite would become enlarged and very apparent, but would allow for a massive damage/stamina boost and the ability to crush any wall. Beyond the obvious nature of the effect it would have one other downside, any item they attempt to pick up would be crushed into scrap.

Optical lasers
When enhanced the subject would uncontrollably emit a massive beam of energy in the same vein as the PTL (obviously nowhere near as powerful) When the beam is active the user takes escalating burn damage and eventually catch flame. The only way to stop the beam is to wear a pair of sunglasses ala cyclops. If the subject loses his sunglasses and can not find another pair their should eventually explode.

Incendiary Mitochondria
If the subject uses the enhanced immolate ability they should permanently (or perhaps temporarily) turn into a fire elemental granting immunity to fire and fire breath ability with a short cool-down.

Mutagenic field + Radioactive
A traitor geneticist would first have to combine to aforementioned genes to create a precursor that has no effect. Once the precursor has been enhanced, however the subject would be able to emit targeted blasts of mutagenic effect rapidly mutating one target and giving them a small dose of radiation  

Empathetic thought + telekinetic pull
Another precursor gene. Once the precursor is enhanced the subject would have complete psychic ability granting the effects of empowered telekentic pull and a new ability a targeted mind control with a 70 percent success rate. If it succeeds the user  takes control of the target for 5 (or less) seconds. If the attempt fails the target and user get a small amount of brain damage and a short stun.

Matter Eater
Eat others limbs. Limited to limbs and not organs
Holy crap, this would be amazing.

Dimensional Shift
Spawns a few random vortex types around a selected area.

Mass Emesis
https://youtu.be/GxRnenQYG7I?t=5m40s

Spatial Destabilisation
Cause the person you inject it with to come down with a terminal case of black hole after a while
I really like the idea of this, but it sounds like it would be a lot of work to code. Also as an idea, Biomass Manipulation should actually turn you into a temporary puddle of human, which can go under doors and can slip people.
I like the sound of this idea a lot. It'd give Geneticists a lot of creative options that fellow station members with Genetics access wouldn't be able to replicate in their favor.

Adding on to this, let's make a useless ability even dumber.

High-Pressure Larynx
The subject will shatter glass anything and inflict a temporary deafness on nearby players every time they speak. ...consequently, though, the subject will also make themselves deaf every time they speak.
And YELLING too often will eventually throw your voice out for a bit, so be cautious.
High pressure intestines: Causes a hull breach surrounding you when you superfart.
High decay Digestion: Your farts create clouds of neurotoxin smoke.
(10-25-2016, 03:25 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: High pressure intestines: Causes a hull breach surrounding you when you superfart.
High decay Digestion: Your farts create clouds of neurotoxin smoke.

Additonaly for superfarts, superfarting on someones face should decapitate them.
I have a simple suggestion for geneticist that may or may not be OP, but I know for sure would be easy as fuck to code as it's already partly a trait:

Stablized Enzyme Injector, 6-7 TC
Increases stability by 20-30 (give or take for balance reasons)

This means a traitor geneticist could pump even more powers into him/her without worrying about turning into a cronenburg.
(10-26-2016, 04:48 AM)Sundance Wrote: I have a simple suggestion for geneticist that may or may not be OP, but I know for sure would be easy as fuck to code as it's already partly a trait:

Stablized Enzyme Injector, 6-7 TC
Increases stability by 20-30 (give or take for balance reasons)

This means a traitor geneticist could pump even more powers into him/her without worrying about turning into a cronenburg.

6-7 is a little high for the cost on that, especially since 20-30 is still less than one really good mutation which tend to take about 40 stability apiece when unstabilised
Fuck its been so long since ive been geneticist.
Bump that up to 70-80 stability, youd want at least two good powers for something that's going to take time to begin with.
By my unholy necromatic powers, I SAY LIVE THREAD, LIVE!
add both the mindswap and classic tk mutation as traitor items
ebokenesis/ whatever that dark making mutation is

Now releases things that go bump in the night when used.

Expect bats, owls spiders, associated spooky goonstation critters when spawning darkness clouds. Probably a small number of critters with some being violent and some being friendly.

Note that said critters may not necessarily like you, they just like just pop out of the woodworks when it's dark. Or maybe you're literally creating shadow portals, who knows.