Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Traitor Item] Scientific Uplink
LOOKING FOR A BETTER NAME. ANOMALY UPLINK? WEATHERING UPLINK? WHAT? BECAUSE THE CURRENT NAME SUCKS.

This item is an item that can be fit into backpacks.
It costs 6 Telecrystals and when used, gives you four options.
To summon a Light Event at the cooldown of 1 minute.
To summon a Medium Event at the cooldown of 6 minutes.
To summon a Heavy Event at the cooldown of 12 minutes.
or
To summon an Emergency Event at the cooldown for 24 minutes.

Light Events aren't even annoyances, the random events here from the Wiki would be:
Minor Events

Medium Events are usually very slight annoyances that can be lethal if you're extremely dumb:
Magnets
Spatial Anomaly
Spatial Distortion
Ion Storm
Virus Outbreak
RadStorm

Heavy Events require the crew to actually engage the problem, or run for maintenance:
Black Hole
Blowout (The massive radiation that will strike the station, get to Maintenance)
Meteor Shower

Emergency Events usually warrant the shuttle:
Intruder Alert
Blob

This would give the Traitors more control over the round, and if they got two of these, the crew could potentially be facing many enemies. Luckily for the crew, however, the Traitor cannot choose which exact event they pick, just the category. The game will randomize and pick one from that category.
I do not think traitors should be able to purchase a reusable SUMMON BLACK HOLE button.
Hmm... This seems a little... Strong? Maybe remove the blob, intruder, and black hole. I can't think of anything right now, but, the main idea seems nice.
I'm going to agree with that. It's nice in theory but the random events are currently too limited. If more random event we're added I would be behind this.

Also you should have to call a light one first, then two minute later you're allowed to call a medium then 5 minutes later you can call a heavy then 10 minutes after that you can call an emergency one. I don't think it should be able to call in more traitors or blobs though.
Double the cooldowns. And let the RNG choose which antag spawns.
I do like the idea of triggering fake blob alerts, especially if you can do it fairly close to round start to trick the crew into thinking it's a blob round, where there can't possibly be any traitors. It's also super metagamey.
SuperlaggI do like the idea of triggering fake blob alerts, especially if you can do it fairly close to round start to trick the crew into thinking it's a blob round, where there can't possibly be any traitors. It's also super metagamey.

The blob message only triggers for random event blobs, not for roundstart blobs.
I'd call it a Probability Manipulator, have it cost 2 telecrystals and just give a random bad event as soon as you click it.
Discuento Danito's Space Control Pro
Only if it's sprited to have a big red button and an all-caps tooltip that specifically states UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON!
I'm kind of partial to MPDF

Murfesla probability distortion field.

Murfesla is a really bad spelling of Murphy's Law.