Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nerf/disable biomagnetic field event on Destiny
Burrito Justice:
DreamCarver:
Disable magnetic bio-field event.

"Seriously, it ruins everything at the worst possible times.

"Literally every time there's a trial in court, this event happens.
E v e r y.  T i m e.""

Because somebody told me to make a separate thread here it is ok. I think the magnetism is funny but overbearing on Destiny for reasons like that, and also the fact THIS

Burrito Justice:
"Once two people with blue polarities buckled in across from each other in the shuttle, and another blue accidentally touched one of them and got stunlocked between them, so much so until the game completely stopped and the chatlog continued to fill without end. Eventually when the lag stopped all we found were gibs in front of us.

can happen on the roleplay server of all places. I just think it's a bit too casually disruptive/murderous, especially when Destiny is super cramped and players often stand near each other."

EDIT: WHY THE FUCK DID ALL MY QUOTES BREAK OH WELL!!
Maybe if people properly roleplayed the extreme danger the event poses, perhaps as if they'd received some kind of drilling akin to a fire drill, it wouldn't be so disruptive.

The problem is that people instantly start running around full speed into each other as if they had killing each other as their intended goal, instead of carefully filing out of crowded rooms.
I think quotes are boned somehow. Anyways.

If we're not going for a straight-up removal of the event from the extended rotation, then modify it to be like "strange magnetic fluctuations detected" and give us 15 seconds to get away from each other. That would allow for people to rush out of the crowded room (EVERY SINGLE TRIAL RRRRGH) and get away from each other.

I realize there's a gap between the moment the announcement comes and the moment that everything goes tits-up, but make it longer.
Yeah uh I'm going to disable this event until I can get around to making it less terrible.
I genuinely love the event, but people seem to intentionally use it to cause chaos
A simple fix is to make it so walking doesn't set it off. Or maybe even help intent.
It needs to be balanced before its readded.
It's actually my favorite event. I just hate it when it crashes my client due to three people in a line with the same polarity. This is basically guaranteed to happen when the shuttle is involved.
(10-24-2016, 05:05 PM)Arborinus Wrote: A simple fix is to make it so walking doesn't set it off. Or maybe even help intent.

The latter is already a thing. Both people have to be set to help intent though.
I still remember when the bar full of magnetic shitty bills completely 100% crashed #2
(10-24-2016, 02:41 PM)DreamCarver Wrote: I think quotes are boned somehow.
Works for me
(10-25-2016, 08:47 AM)Burrito Justice Wrote:
(10-24-2016, 02:41 PM)DreamCarver Wrote: I think quotes are boned somehow.
Works for me

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7351
I was the unfortunate soul who was caught between two similar polarities that night. My client crashed and when I logged back in I was a ghost with no corpse. Tears of laughter were shed.

Now, to add to the discussion. The issue with this Ursula, is there are people who will purposely run into everyone the second the magnetism starts... and then get up and continue to run into you or others. 

It's incredibly disruptive and I've had a few rounds brought to a halt and ruined because someone decided it would be fun to rearrange the entire ship and put half the people around them into crit.

Either way it's out of rotation for the time being. So, what are some ways to improve it? Or is the general consensus that it should stay gone?
You should lose the magnetic charge after it triggers once. That would atleast prevent server crashing loops and prevent the people that walk into others from abusing it.