Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brig flusher improvement
I've been playing a lot of sec today and have realized that there is an annoying problem with the way brig flushers work. When someone's time is up (Which may or may not be what you actually entered into the timer, which is a separate issue) the floor flusher briefly opens to let the brigged person out. If the person does not go into the flusher then it closes after a moment. The problem is that a lot of brigged people go AFK for a bit to wait out their sentence and manage to miss their brig window. If they miss it then they get trapped in the brig with no way out but to scream into their intercom and hope someone notices them (which rarely happens). I think we should tweak the flushers so that once they open they stay open until something gets flushed into it. This way Joe Schitt wont get stuck in the brig for 20 minutes for doing something dumb like stealing my hat.
Also, if they're standing on the flusher when it opens, they don't fall in. I feel like the flusher should check if there's someone above it when it opens, then drop them in if there is.
I'd personally rather have it be replaced with Security Telecollars, which are like electropacks, except instead of shocking the people, it teleports the collar (and whoever's wearing it) to the person to the Brig when signalled, or to the release area when the timer ticks to zero.
(10-23-2016, 08:38 PM)Grek Wrote: I'd personally rather have it be replaced with Security Telecollars, which are like electropacks, except instead of shocking the people, it teleports the collar (and whoever's wearing it) to the person to the Brig when signalled, or to the release area when the timer ticks to zero.

That sounds extremely safe and not at all likely to cause you to die.

Pretty effective method of parole if you can just hear someone is being terrible over the radio and summon them to the BRIG DIMENSION
(or the crusher, if this absolutely safe, unlikely-to-cause-you-to-die system is subverted!!)
I support the original suggestion as described.
The problem with this is the fact that, if you need to get into the brig but the flusher is open, you can't get in. There should be a manual toggle on the timer for the flusher, but, other than that, the idea is great!
I think the flushers should just drag the person into it like a vacuum and expel them automatically without requiring them to willfully fall into it.
If i'm going to be honest, flushers as they are now are just plain silly.

A better idea would be to just have a door that can be programmed with individual sentences and people can walk out of once their sentence is up. And if we still want to keep the flushers, have them be behind the door and button activated.
I'd rather not have a door that opens to the public. too easy to have a friend come hack you out. Also re: let flushes have a manual close button. You can just chuck a donut/pen/assistant into it and it will close. I'd like to keep the fix simple so that it can be implemented in just a minute or two, rather than adding a ton of new features.
Nnystyxx
GrekI'd personally rather have it be replaced with Security Telecollars, which are like electropacks, except instead of shocking the people, it teleports the collar (and whoever's wearing it) to the person to the Brig when signalled, or to the release area when the timer ticks to zero.

Pretty effective method of parole if you can just hear someone is being terrible over the radio and summon them to the BRIG DIMENSION
(or the crusher, if this absolutely safe, unlikely-to-cause-you-to-die system is subverted!!)

Emagg it to send the person to the crusher. Just don't be caught emagging it.
Easiest solution: Put a button in the brig cell that can activate the flusher if the cell timer isn't active. It can also be emagged.
Remember when sec used to have a set of doors that would open one and close the other when a button was pressed? Have something like that, set to the timers. Timer goes off, prisoner is let into room where they can get their belongings, then flush themselves out through a chute or something.
Can there be a chute that operates on a timer? Is that allowed?
Nnystyxx
GrekI'd personally rather have it be replaced with Security Telecollars, which are like electropacks, except instead of shocking the people, it teleports the collar (and whoever's wearing it) to the person to the Brig when signalled, or to the release area when the timer ticks to zero.

I'd rather see the telecollar instantly decapitate someone if it's emagged.

You don't actually realize that you're not gonna be teleported until your head pops off.
(10-24-2016, 04:55 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: I'd rather see the telecollar instantly decapitate someone if it's emagged.

You don't actually realize that you're not gonna be teleported until your head pops off.

https://youtu.be/HvIGrLYKRh8?t=27