Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Traitor Item] Contract
For 2 Telecrystals, a Traitor can buy this item. It'll have 2 Traitor Objectives on it. However, only Kill and Steal objectives work.

You can scan it, in which it scans for each objective. If they're both complete, then it'll act like a 6 Telecrystal Surplus Crate and disappear, leaving the items on the ground.
i think a better use of the traitor objectives are that if you complete the ones at round start, you get telecrystals depending on how hard it was.
ideally you will get more stealing the ai's brain than a teleporter.
then again i kind of oppose rewarding for the objectives because that might make people think they have to follow them.

i am very bipolar about this topic
(10-23-2016, 01:49 PM)zcamperz Wrote: i think a better use of the traitor objectives are that if you complete the ones at round start, you get telecrystals depending on how hard it was.
ideally you will get more stealing the ai's brain than a teleporter.
then again i kind of oppose rewarding for the objectives because that might make people think they have to follow them.

i am very bipolar about this topic

i like the idea of getting rewarded for doing objectives 

don't see why it would make people think they HAVE to do them, it'd just incentivize doing them
Maybe traitors should be able to spend crystals to create contracts.

"Gee, HOS is sure being a dork, I'm going to take my remaining three crystals, and notify any antag that if they kill somebody or steal something I will pay them".
(10-23-2016, 03:45 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Maybe traitors should be able to spend crystals to create contracts.

"Gee, HOS is sure being a dork, I'm going to take my remaining three crystals, and notify any antag that if they kill somebody or steal something I will pay them".

I assume this payment would be in the form of all your weapons and guns, since there'd be a million percent chance they'd kill you and take your stuff before or after they ice the hos.

I do like the idea of getting extra telecrystals, I've always wanted another Spacker.
Yeah, absolutely not straight-up extra telecrystals. Randomized loot is eh but it's got that element of luck, at least. With extra tcs you can always make the best purchasing decisions, so you can just contract up, rampage, buy more weapons and contracts etc. until you're an invincible rolling katamari of weapons and death, and that's not even getting into mindslaves.
I like the idea of anonymous extra objectives, like bounties. E.g. you don't wanna assasinate the HoP, but you need him dead, so you pay someone else to do it. Maybe a bounty hunter gimmick antag?
I think antags should get some reward for completing objectives.
EDIT: Also the reward should be collected by using the traitor uplink and not just spawn in front of you/in your inventory.