Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Stop announcing heads!!!!!!
Have you guys noticed now when you late join as a head it announces it globally just like the captain?? Well I never really gave it much of a thought until I join into a round that's close to 30mins in and I get pda bombed in less than a minute because it announced me as the HoP. I find it especially crappy that this globally announces so even if the bridge announcement computer is off it will still go Joe Blow is the Head of Clowns in big black text. It's like the stations all fucked and the announcement computer is dead, the rounds stagnating cause the crew is shit, and suddenly the CE joins and someone is going to think quick I gotta murder this guy ASAP. And it's highly likely they would go to their respective offices to get their shit making them pretty primo targets to grief. (im really fuckin exaggerating but you get what i mean)

I just don't see the point in telling me who the god damn captain is when the rounds 40mins in let alone the MD or CE, and if that bridge announcement computer is off then I don't think it should tell everyone who's playing what head!!!

However I do like it as a round start thing.
I actually like the announcements, if I'm playing someone who would be under them. For example, if I'm playing a doctor and a MD pops by, I'll inform them of what is going on currently.
I think the black text should be broadcast to anyone who is under the head directly i.e. you're a medical doctor and the MD joins, the black text will appear for you but won't show up for anyone outside of medical.
Personally I think the current implementation is fine and this idea adds nothing of significant usefulness.
Feels like a knee-jerk thread.

The people that are going to attack you a minute after stepping off the shuttle are not going to be deterred by the removal of this. If anything, it's helpful for the chaotic rounds where the announcement computer is off so people know someone is here that can actually call the shuttle.
I like the announcements. it's nice to know things like when a hop shows up so I can go ask for access. It is pretty shit that someone would PDA bomb you immediately (seriously give people a second to get settled in before blowing them up) but heads should always expect that all the traitors are after their head.
i like the announcements imo
typically i don't see pda bombs after a certain point in the round, and i'm pretty salty about them as it is
PDA bombs in general are shit. They are never used for their intended purpose (Softening players before you attack them) and almost everyone turns messaging on their PDA off just to rid themselves of them. They either need to be reworked to not be shit or just thrown in the shitbin.
(10-20-2016, 02:47 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: PDA bombs in general are shit. They are never used for their intended purpose (Softening players before you attack them) and almost everyone turns messaging on their PDA off just to rid themselves of them. They either need to be reworked to not be shit or just thrown in the shitbin.

I can rather safely confirm that I fucking hate PDA bombs because they effectively punish every player who doesn't excise part of the gameplay entirely (PDA messaging) since you cannot possibly detect or prevent them short of turning off your messaging
Also because they erase your ID when the HOP is a horribly inconsistent fuck who 9/10 times is not there to replace it after a certain point, but mostly the communication thing
Knee-Jerk thread #3673