Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Destiny: Random Events/Problems Thread
(10-25-2016, 10:09 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(10-25-2016, 01:45 PM)GEC Wrote: I've got an idea: navigation console. It would be in the bridge and require a head level ID. Use it and the Destiny would "move" to a different zone in space, every different zone would have special characteristics:
-Drone hive: the ship lands right in the middle of a syndicate drone party! Mostly empty space with large amounts of syndie drones.
-Too close to a star: the ship lands way too close to a star. Temperature starts rising and the crew starts overheating and burning.
-Construction zone: The ship lands near a space motel that's under construction. There is a trader with some unique tools as well as a bunch of tools and junk lying around.
-Meteorite field: the ship manages to stop in the middle of a meteorite field,  There are several mineral rich meteorite around the ship that can be mined. The meteorite storm event is a lot more common and happens  more often while in this zone.
-Syrius rift: uh oh.
These zones would contain useful loot as well as a way for the crew to create  their own events or they feel like taking the risk or if the round is becoming stale.

This seems really cool, but you'd need some time after launch for the crew to get ready for whatever it is.

"TRAVEL AUTHORISED BY (the persons name on their id). DESTINY ENGINES ACTIVATED. PREPARE FOR TRAVEL. DESTINATION: (whatever). ETA: (time, probs about 5 minutes)

I support both the original idea and this suggestion. I wanna see Destiny moving around/FTL-type events.

I did have the idea once of dead players being able to come back as "NPCs" for FTL-type events, like, hey, it's a martian ambassador ship, or traders, or a ship full of haunted terrified folks. They could possibly have a randomly generated name/appearance, or be sent to the character setup to make a temporary character. It would add a level of unpredictability and player interaction to make awesome stories.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Destiny: Random Events/Problems Thread - by Nnystyxx - 10-25-2016, 11:34 PM