Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Destiny: Random Events/Problems Thread
SOL* CDs: One lucky department will be flooded with CDs via mail chutes.

*spessman online
Sudden inexplicable mindswaps for like a minute? Dunno how it would be justified, but it could lead to some strange situations.
All crew aboard the NSS Destiny should check their belongings and make sure that nothing on their person was stolen by a monkey. Thank you.

A select few random crew members- but not all- will find something in their backpack/pockets/belt has suddenly gone missing. The culprit could be any of the monkeys on board.

The ID slot and clothing are all immune to being rifled, and entire backpacks/utility belts won't vanish. Just a random item from within them.
Some good ideas in here, keep them coming!  And also please do not keep suggestions for events to disable coming, those should go in their own thread!!!
(10-20-2016, 03:06 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: 4) Drone Attack. Similar to the old construction mode event, 2-5 (depending on population hostile CR drones arrive to try to make salvage of the station.
I'm gonna expand on this idea little bit...
I think the NanoPods can be useful in this area, but what if we had a bigger pod?
You know... the cruiser (which I don't have a picture for because I use Gyazo and the picture is lost now). Basically the cruiser will be housed in the security hangar (not sure how that's going to work on the Destiny, maybe have a satellite/external hangar?) under lock and no one can enter it unless the HoS unlocks it during an emergency or until the drone event happens.
Given the fact that you need three people to operate the cruiser (four is optimal, five if you can eject people from the pods) the event should be broadcast about 5-10 minutes in advance in the event Security is understaffed and so people can prepare the cruiser if they want to make any modifications to it.
I'm not sure if there's already plans for the experimental cruisers, but this could put them to use I suppose. Plus it promotes space combat, which is certainly missing on RP 1.
I've got an idea: navigation console. It would be in the bridge and require a head level ID. Use it and the Destiny would "move" to a different zone in space, every different zone would have special characteristics:
-Drone hive: the ship lands right in the middle of a syndicate drone party! Mostly empty space with large amounts of syndie drones.
-Too close to a star: the ship lands way too close to a star. Temperature starts rising and the crew starts overheating and burning.
-Construction zone: The ship lands near a space motel that's under construction. There is a trader with some unique tools as well as a bunch of tools and junk lying around.
-Meteorite field: the ship manages to stop in the middle of a meteorite field,  There are several mineral rich meteorite around the ship that can be mined. The meteorite storm event is a lot more common and happens  more often while in this zone.
-Syrius rift: uh oh.
These zones would contain useful loot as well as a way for the crew to create  their own events or they feel like taking the risk or if the round is becoming stale.
Resonance Pizza Cascade: like the nuclear blowout except it spawns pizza everywhere and all the walls and everything takes on the pizza material
(10-25-2016, 02:15 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: Resonance Pizza Cascade: like the nuclear blowout except it spawns pizza everywhere and all the walls and everything takes on the pizza material

This seems like it should be an admin button rather than an event
(10-25-2016, 02:15 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: Resonance Pizza Cascade: like the nuclear blowout except it spawns pizza everywhere and all the walls and everything takes on the pizza material

Oh no, Papa Danio's Pizza Pirates are boarding the ship! Fend off malevolent pizza machines before they turn the ship into a slice of pizza.
(10-25-2016, 01:45 PM)GEC Wrote: I've got an idea: navigation console. It would be in the bridge and require a head level ID. Use it and the Destiny would "move" to a different zone in space, every different zone would have special characteristics:
-Drone hive: the ship lands right in the middle of a syndicate drone party! Mostly empty space with large amounts of syndie drones.
-Too close to a star: the ship lands way too close to a star. Temperature starts rising and the crew starts overheating and burning.
-Construction zone: The ship lands near a space motel that's under construction. There is a trader with some unique tools as well as a bunch of tools and junk lying around.
-Meteorite field: the ship manages to stop in the middle of a meteorite field,  There are several mineral rich meteorite around the ship that can be mined. The meteorite storm event is a lot more common and happens  more often while in this zone.
These zones would contain useful loot as well as a way for the crew to create  their own events or they feel like taking the risk or if the round is becoming stale.

This seems really cool, but you'd need some time after launch for the crew to get ready for whatever it is.

"TRAVEL AUTHORISED BY (the persons name on their id). DESTINY ENGINES ACTIVATED. PREPARE FOR TRAVEL. DESTINATION: (whatever). ETA: (time, probs about 5 minutes)
(10-25-2016, 10:09 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(10-25-2016, 01:45 PM)GEC Wrote: I've got an idea: navigation console. It would be in the bridge and require a head level ID. Use it and the Destiny would "move" to a different zone in space, every different zone would have special characteristics:

This seems really cool, but you'd need some time after launch for the crew to get ready for whatever it is.

"TRAVEL AUTHORISED BY (the persons name on their id). DESTINY ENGINES ACTIVATED. PREPARE FOR TRAVEL. DESTINATION: (whatever). ETA: (time, probs about 5 minutes)

I support both the original idea and this suggestion. I wanna see Destiny moving around/FTL-type events.

I did have the idea once of dead players being able to come back as "NPCs" for FTL-type events, like, hey, it's a martian ambassador ship, or traders, or a ship full of haunted terrified folks. They could possibly have a randomly generated name/appearance, or be sent to the character setup to make a temporary character. It would add a level of unpredictability and player interaction to make awesome stories.

This is a cool idea and is basically already planned but is way outside the scope of random events!! This is a huge project to make work, random events are things like meteor storms, radioactive blowouts, or even just the merchant ships arriving.
e: so basically what I'm saying is, it's a cool idea but this is not the thread for it or discussion about it, sorry!
Astrocrustaceous Parasites - Occasionally, over the course of a shift, space barnacles will start piling up on the outside of the ship. They dont hurt anything, but they look hideous and keep you from winning the ship pagent. You can go outside and scrape them off the hull once the captain gets tired of looking at them.
(10-26-2016, 10:04 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Astrocrustaceous Parasites - Occasionally, over the course of a shift, space barnacles will start piling up on the outside of the ship. They dont hurt anything, but they look hideous and keep you from winning the ship pagent. You can go outside and scrape them off the hull once the captain gets tired of looking at them.

I thought that said Astrocrustaceous parrots for a moment.

So, in that light

Astrocrustaceous Parrots

Occasionally, over the course of a shift, space parrots will start piling up on the outside of the ship. They dont hurt anything, but they look amazing and help towards the ship pageant. You can go outside and scrape them off the hull if you want to get banned by Haine.