Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Destiny: Random Events/Problems Thread
(10-20-2016, 11:42 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: add fuckable owls

+1
Biomagnetic field is actually pretty goddamn stupid because Destiny is so cramped, making it hard to avoid, and then WHOOBAM EVERYONE IS HIT BY EVERY PROP EVER THE ENTIRE MAP IS FUCKED AND DISORGANIZED UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(10-22-2016, 01:28 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Biomagnetic field is actually pretty goddamn stupid because Destiny is so cramped, making it hard to avoid, and then WHOOBAM EVERYONE IS HIT BY EVERY PROP EVER THE ENTIRE MAP IS FUCKED AND DISORGANIZED UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I can only see this as a good thing.
It kind of ruins the dramatic mood for everyone to go flying out of nowhere/get hit by a box 9999 times and gib due to someone moving slightly too fast
Why does it ruin the dramatic mood? It's a dangerous situation, and one that's only lethal if someone royally fucks up. It should create tension as people cautiously move through halls or hide in their workspaces until the danger passes.
I think moreso if something else interesting is happening, and suddenly THE MAGNETS happens, you're kind of fucked and can't do anything you were doing before. I'm sure it's cool on its own, but interrupting what other people are doing and having fun with seems less so
(10-22-2016, 01:19 PM)DreamCarver Wrote: Disable magnetic bio-field event.

Seriously, it ruins everything at the worst possible times.

As for actual suggestions... I support the random power outage. Maybe also a teleporter malfunction event, where a random power surge "accidentally" teleports in something nasty? This would encourage proper lock-downs when the pad is not in use.
Literally every time there's a trial in court, this event happens.
E v e r y. T i m e.
(10-22-2016, 05:50 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Why does it ruin the dramatic mood?[...]

(10-23-2016, 12:47 PM)Burrito Justice Wrote: Literally every time there's a trial in court, this event happens.
E v e r y. T i m e.

there's your answer
(10-23-2016, 01:16 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 05:50 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Why does it ruin the dramatic mood?[...]

(10-23-2016, 12:47 PM)Burrito Justice Wrote: Literally every time there's a trial in court, this event happens.
E v e r y.  T i m e.

there's your answer

Hilarious
Destiny rounds tend to be long. Players tend to dislike being gibbed out of nowhere halfway into the round from something they couldn't have seen coming.
(10-23-2016, 04:25 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Destiny rounds tend to be long. Players tend to dislike being gibbed out of nowhere halfway into the round from something they couldn't have seen coming.

That too, considering Destiny has no real respawn mechanic yet
I do have to say: seeing someone fly through the medbay's lobby door and smash against the wall while I am sitting at the desk is hilarious. especially when it happens twice to the same person.
(10-24-2016, 06:25 AM)GEC Wrote: I do have to say: seeing someone fly through the medbay's lobby door and smash against the wall while I am sitting at the desk is hilarious. especially when it happens twice to the same person.
Once two people with blue polarities buckled in across from each other in the shuttle, and another blue accidentally touched one of them and got stunlocked between them, so much so until the game completely stopped and the chatlog continued to fill without end. Eventually when the lag stopped all we found were gibs in front of us.
We're getting off topic. If you want the bio field thing removed, please make your own thread since it seems we're capable of enough discussion about it that it's derailing this one.

Post suggestions for events here.
Spam bots: An advertising satellite has flown too close to the station and is filling the chat log with spam ads. Get in a pod and blow it up

Flea outbreak: George needs a bath. He's spreading fleas all around. If they get on you, you'll itch yourself until you wash your clothes.

Publishers Clearing house: An NPC comes by to present a very large check to a lucky crewmate. The check is very heavy and unwieldy, so it slows you down while carrying it. Can be redeemed at an ATM for millions of credits