Horatio Jiggles (Mentor)
Quote:Usual Character Name: Horatio Jiggles
BYOND Username: New525
Recommended by (if applicable):N/A
Times Available: On everyday other than Monday

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): 
I really enjoy helping newer players learn the quirks of SS13, it gives me something to do especially since if im not working on a project, im just wandering around until i kill myself and observe the rest of the match. The few times i find a newer player to teach it gives me round immediate purpose and fulfillment the same way learning the various systems gave. Due to obsessive amounts of time playing, i've garnered large amounts of experience in nearly every aspect of the server. My weakest areas are probably the following Telesci, Adventure zones other than the debris field and the biodome, aound half the secret chems, and packets/pda message systems. I am skilled in many commonly cryptic/underused systems such as Pathology, Dwaine, ThinkDOS, and im currently working on learning the chemicompiller. Ive completely explored the debris field and know where the majority of items   I also have complete knowledge of everything genetics from stability losses/gains to combo genes. I also consider myself to very robust at combat and have numerous little tricks id love to teach newer players. There was a time where i was generally shit and went around annoying people and pulling off shitty gimmicks but i think ive moved beyond that and would say that i generally dont take from others rounds just to entertain myself. I consider getting mentor to be the penultimate redemption if you will (Goat fart being the ultimate in redemption as one might presume) and letting me put my knowledge of game to use every round. 

So to reiterate i think id should be given the purple text due to my eagerness to assist new players, to be able to use my knowledge more often, and to be honest theres a bit of pride at work too.
Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): 1 ban for attempting to suicide bomb an antag, killing multiple assistants and then acting apathetic about the scenario in Deadchat
Yeah, I've seen Jiggles around, they're a good person and would be a good mentor.
(10-19-2016, 10:04 PM)New525 Wrote: There was a time where i was generally shit and went around annoying people and pulling off shitty gimmicks but i think ive moved beyond that

haha no

Also I have zero confidence that you would not use mentorhelped information to hunt for valid kills because you could.
Seen ya around before, you seem to know your stuff and not be shit, i think you deserve the purple.
He isn't shit and he knows his shit. In the end, isn't that all someone needs to become a mentor?
I have a niggling feeling you've been the cause of shit, but I can't remember for sure. This can be a yes for now, cause we need mentors that know packet stuff.
(10-20-2016, 09:44 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: I have a niggling feeling you've been the cause of shit, but I can't remember for sure. This can be a yes for now, cause we need mentors that know packet stuff.

Perhaps my wording was a little bit screwy there but i dont know much packet stuff other then basic PDA message intercepting and yes I probably have been the cause of shit
(10-20-2016, 09:58 PM)New525 Wrote:
(10-20-2016, 09:44 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: I have a niggling feeling you've been the cause of shit, but I can't remember for sure. This can be a yes for now, cause we need mentors that know packet stuff.

Perhaps my wording was a little bit screwy there but i dont know much packet stuff other then basic PDA message intercepting and yes I probably have been the cause of shit

That's more packet knowledge than me, and you seem ready to renew yourself for past shit I can't remember, it's definetely a yes
Yes, they are a good person who has good taste in music to boot!
(10-19-2016, 10:04 PM)New525 Wrote:
Quote:Usual Character Name: Horatio Jiggles
BYOND Username: New525
Recommended by (if applicable):N/A
Times Available: On everyday other than Monday

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): 
I really enjoy helping newer players learn the quirks of SS13, it gives me something to do especially since if im not working on a project, im just wandering around until i kill myself and observe the rest of the match. The few times i find a newer player to teach it gives me round immediate purpose and fulfillment the same way learning the various systems gave. Due to obsessive amounts of time playing, i've garnered large amounts of experience in nearly every aspect of the server. My weakest areas are probably the following Telesci, Adventure zones other than the debris field and the biodome, aound half the secret chems, and packets/pda message systems. I am skilled in many commonly cryptic/underused systems such as Pathology, Dwaine, ThinkDOS, and im currently working on learning the chemicompiller. Ive completely explored the debris field and know where the majority of items   I also have complete knowledge of everything genetics from stability losses/gains to combo genes. I also consider myself to very robust at combat and have numerous little tricks id love to teach newer players. There was a time where i was generally shit and went around annoying people and pulling off shitty gimmicks but i think ive moved beyond that and would say that i generally dont take from others rounds just to entertain myself. I consider getting mentor to be the penultimate redemption if you will (Goat fart being the ultimate in redemption as one might presume) and letting me put my knowledge of game to use every round. 

So to reiterate i think id should be given the purple text due to my eagerness to assist new players, to be able to use my knowledge more often, and to be honest theres a bit of pride at work too.
Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): 1 ban for attempting to suicide bomb an antag, killing multiple assistants and then acting apathetic about the scenario in Deadchat
Yeah this guy is extremely robust, and he was rather helpful when I was first trying to figure out the systems.  I'd say he'll be a great mentor.
There's no doubt that Horatio Jiggles would be able to answer questions, but I can't vouch on whether or not they might potentially act on information passed around in mentorhelp. The transition time from being shit to not being shit might be a tad too close to really tell.
yeah they know their stuff purple them
Horatio has jiggled his way into my heart. He would make a good mentor imo.
I think Horatio knows enough to be a mentor and seems willing to help new people.

I'd say I think he would be a good mentor.
+1, is fun to be with.