HOS Application - CharlesQ
Usual Character Name: Hard Boiled
BYOND Username: CharlesQ
Recommended by (if applicable): UrsulaMejor
Times Available: Pacific Time Zone. Usually on around 7:00 pm/9:00 pm until 4:00 am/5:00 am. Most days of the week. Earlier once the server size settles down.

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):
I have not been playing for years, and I get killed, farted on, knocked out, slipped and honked at. I do not know every game secret, I cannot tell you how to use the artifacts room, or make you some Hairgrowium. I know though, that though I have shortcomings, I can, will, and do learn every time I log in this game, even if it is something as small as other players habits, or as big as finding my way to the Ice Moon on my own. I am always trying to find out a little more, and though it can be so hard with half the station is fires and syndicate operatives gunning down folks left and right, I persevere. Sure, I may die, and I die a lot, but it does not stop me, and never will. The major reason I want to become a Head of Security is for the experience and the knowledge. I like to think I work fine in a calm and controlled environment, and just as well in one that is hectic and hardly under the thumb of anyone. I stretch my brain to formulate a plan on how to save people, find the baddies, fix the station and order people around in a kindly and helpful fashion, be it security, or the crew. I am confident that with the job of HoS, not only will I have the added pressure of people expecting me to solve every problem, go save people on different Z-Levels, and the common attempted theft of my beret, but that I will also have the valuable experience in actually trying even harder to get those things worked out. I also welcome the effect that having an active and competent HoS can have on the crew when danger mounts or when parties must be had. I love playing this game, not just for the amazing mechanics, but mostly for the social aspect of it, and I would love to see how people act and react to me in a different light. Now, I feel as if I am a good detective. If given the chance to wear the hat, I believe that I can be a good Head of Security.
I am not the best player, and I am far from being extremely good, but I value my Station, as any job, and I always try my best to react to the ebbs and flows of the rounds in a clam, decisive manner that allows the maximum level of happiness for as many people as I can manage. I would love to have the chance to be HoS so that I can use the power granted to make the Station not only a safer place, but a happier one as well.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):
I try to play most rounds as a detective. I will commonly ask for security access as it is in my nature to catch the criminals rather than to trust others to do it for me. I am very experienced in giving orders and formulating plans with other members of security and even crew members, when their help is called upon. I will rarely cause intentional harm to others as a security detective. In my role, I will walk the halls of the station, looking out for anything odd, like broken windows, unauthorized access, bombs being put in packs, proboscis’ being enlarged, or murder. If I see something via thermals, I will alert sec with a name or in the case it is not seen, the victim, the method and the state of the criminal, with location. I will ask AI to bolt down the area or go in to make the arrest. I will try to get med on the scene for the victim and brig and question the offender.
I try very hard to be nice and foster friendships among the crew and myself. I will try to help people defend themselves by providing guard duties and I strive to help people that are in need of job assistance or finding things out. I normally act in a calm and collected manner, trying hard to find a perpetrator or even in the mundane, like helping someone with the engine furnace or cloning bodies and getting them clean SE. I am trained in all jobs and know at least the basics in all and am good at most. I can grow you pot while tending the bees and still catch the mad bomber who destroyed the tele lab before the Void Expedition came back and lead them back home. I am slightly more robust than the average space man, due to my extensive training in both physical combat and my proficiency in using sec gear to the best of its ability. I will not let players whom are acting shitty affect my mood or the round if they are trying to hurt me or other players. A stunning, cuffs and cool down in the brig for a minute will usually help solve it, or at the very least, get them out of securities hair and provide some relief for the crew. I like helping people and I like serving justice. I know I have so much to learn, but as space men, we are constantly growing.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):
The layout for the two doors works very nice, meaning some lone guy cannot just start throwing everyone in. I also do not like those doors when you are letting one person out and four other guys try to run out. I believe some kind of flusher system would be much better. Other than that, I like the layout. For the security room itself, I think the room could use some extra footage on the left side, just for purely aesthetic reasons. That is all.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):
I do not like the odd hype surrounding him. It creeps me out. The first movie was funny as a younger person, but now, they seem a little childish.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
From memory, and the forums, I have an AI ban, which was for letting a round go on for far too long. I had a ban for spamming in ghost chat too, because I thought it would help the living find my murderer. I was also banned for posting a meme once in G3 and was given a few minutes, I believe. I do not know of any other bans I would have and am adamant that I do not have, or have not received any aside from the ones I stated.
You seem like an ok guy, but the only time I have seen you on security, you left me in the gen pop to get killed by a wizard who was attacking people instead of actually doing your job.
Literally the most fun guy I know. Chill, responsible, and all around good.

Being a good HoS is less about being good at the game, and more about being a good person.

In this respect, I think he's already well beyond worthy of the beret. I've never once seen him angry, or frustrated, or grudging, or griefing. I recommended that he become a HoS because I've had an extensive experience playing with him both inside and outside of security, and he is a pleasure to work with. I can say with absolute, 100% certainty that this guy is HoS material.

Give him the beret!
cool guy, always fun to play with.

Yeah from me.
I hate to say no based on the one memory that sticks out in my mind, being your show of skill when I was rampaging as a C-sword traitor, so I'll leave it as a temporary "Maybe" and watch for you more. Be more careful with how you apprehend people, namely making sure you actually apprehend them.
Hard, Your pretty fun, don't overreact as sec. Your definitely worthy of the beret
Hard, Your pretty fun, don't overreact as sec. Your definitely worthy of the beret
Thanks you all. BlackPhoenix, this past week has not been my best. I've been dead dog tired from putting up drywall for an apartment and it's taking it's toll on me. Once it's done, my mind and body will be at top shape and you will see me back to my old ways. FrontlineAcrobat4, I'm not sure what round that was, but if there was a wiz kid around, I may have been either dead or trying to help someone closer to me. If not, I am sorry. Me just lazing around on the job is very rare, and if you take into account my other rounds, I hope you can give a more definitive decision. A 'No' would be welcome, but please provide something to back it up. I'll try to get back to playing as soon as I can, but I will not be acting as if I am being judged, just so you know. I'll act normally.
Yeah I don't usually play on g4 so I don't see you but you seem like a good guy so I trust you would be a fit for HoS.
I'm always confident that Hard Boiled will be a competent detective, and he's a good person to.
I'm for it. He's always been enjoyable to play with so I don't see why not.
Thanks for the positive replies guys. I have been trying Hard to become a better person both in game and out, and kindness and compassion is always the answer. I may not know how to do every job perfectly, nor do I know all the cool techniques, skills of ingredients, but I think being an Head of Security is about being a good person.

I may not be so forgiving all the time, as my namesake implies, but I know what humans deserve. You all deserve someone who is fun, does his job, and makes people happy. I am not one to toot my own bike horn, but I am sure I can do these things. It would never be the honor of you all to have me be your HoS.

It would be my honor to serve the station, and her people as your Head of Security. snoop.gif
I think that Hard Boiled would be a great HOS for our little station,hes fun to be around and considers everything before doing so.
You wouldn't expect him to be a "shitcurity" officer by any means

just give this man the beret hes worth it
I'd say yeah, he's a super level headed and fun dude, even though I find his clown detective a little stale.

Give he the purple text and more importantly that cheap beret CentCom gets from Target
Yes Please.