Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The ChemiSeparator
TheOnlyRyan Wrote:Super amazing chemists will simply not fuck up, it wont be making chemistry more OP at all.

It will just help training chemists to not make so many mistakes, as they can easily learn and improve the next time.
They won't just ruin their entire beaker and say screw it, press the red X and go braindead.

Boy I wish we could edit posts :l
It's impossible to outright ruin a beaker of chem. Even if you accidentally end up with an extra reagent, that doesn't make your mix any less dangerous, it just means you can administer less of the core chems at once. That's not a concern for "training chemists" as the mix is still plenty usable, and if you're obsessed enough to be concerned about maximizing yields then you're obsessed enough to dump the beaker and start over anyway. Besides, how often does that actually happen anyway? Chem is dead simple when it comes to amounts and sizes most of the time, there's only a few things that are anything besides 1:1. 90% of the use these things see is going to be scientists separating the fillers out of Discount Dan's for an easy exotic deathmix, and 8% is going to be lucky or robust botanists breaking into chem to use it to keep both outputs from multi-reagent plant mutations.
Er, nearly impossible. I'm sure there are ways, especially with the complex secret chems. But those are supposed to be hard.
Have you ever found a art beaker full of all kinds of interesting things and you want to try them but oh no your lab equipment only allows you to isolate 1 regent from a beaker this would result in all the other regents being destroyed well that problem is solved with the ChemiSeparator, The ChemiSeparator, allows for the placement of up to 6 beakers (This can be increased or decreased what ever seems best or it can just use holding tanks like the extractor) used for the separation of the regents in the selected beaker. Its as simple as selecting what beaker you want to separate a regent from, select the regent, how much of the regent, and then simply choose what beaker you would like to separate the regent into.

Ok so if you don't get it let me explain some more pretty much I am suggesting to add a machine that allows you to choose a specific regent from a beaker and separate that regent into a holding tank or other beaker without destroying all other regents in the original beaker so you dont have to waste all the other regents inside of it everytime.

Thats the end of the post I don't know of a better way to end it
This seems like it would be convenient & useful
As such, please expect everyone to come in and take a shit on your chest for suggesting that you make chemistry any more powerful than it is
Do you not think I already know this?
there have been threads in the past about this, i even sprited it. i guess ill merge them lol
I'm just glad we can isolate without having to evaporate, 'centrifuge', distill, catalyze, etc. Thanks, space magic!
Im glad it sounds like this will be implemented, despite the few complaints.
There really are neat uses that don't involve finding a new way to mix "Hellchem-X" in a few less seconds, or etc.
Botany could definitely use this machine more than anyone, doubly so for positive uses.

If you're ever afraid of adding a new feature because you're afraid some jerk will powergame it --- just add it anyway.
You can only powergame 1 thing at a time really, and SS13 is already full of ways to do this.

I'm pretty sure duplicating a ton of laser guns or e-guns in mechanics is about as robust and powergamey as it gets, honestly.
Unless you measure evil robustness in "tiles converted to space"
But we have a smorgasbord of means of doing that already too.
I personally think more things should be added if the only defense is "lol turbonerds". We're supposed to discourage that behavior in the first place
There will always be powernerds and those that exploit new things to make powernerding even harder. Powernerding is a feature you can't fix. A QoL improvement for 99% of the playerbase and a tool for exploitation by the .01% is still worth doing IMO.
There should only be ONE machine though. and it should be in chemistry. that way, chemistry has another clear advantage over the bar, hydro and the soviet hydro-chem ship.

there should also be a makeshit way to decant/distill solid reagents from liquid reagents though. either ladling solids out of a bathtub or poking holes in cola cans or coffee cups with sharp objects, making the liquid contents slowly drip out, either on to the floor, or slowly into another container, leaving behind any solid reagents. the cola can/coffee cup/noodles cup with holes in would be a fun way to leave a trail of liquid contents behind you, albeit slowly.
Actually, its the botanists who need this device more than chem does.
Botany is more likely to use it for good, and things like crops and honey often have a huge lineup of ingredients inside.
Perhaps stash the device in the maintenance room in catering, the one with the old wierd oven and a buncha tools.
That way the chef can access it too.

Chemists are the most likely group to use this for crime.
Which, of course this device will be used for crime. Hopefully it will be some neat creative things that the crimers do with it.
give it to a random dept. like botany and then have it mechanics scannable so that it isn't "Break into Everything Simulator 2000006" as much
I don't see why it'd have to be one machine. Just give the functionality to chemmaster (or whatever it's called) if it's gonna be implemented. It could simply shoot out pills or bottles of the selected reagent.
(10-21-2016, 06:19 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I don't see why it'd have to be one machine. Just give the functionality to chemmaster (or whatever it's called) if it's gonna be implemented. It could simply shoot out pills or bottles of the selected reagent.

I like this actually