Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change the way cargo requests are handled: Auto-order on timer.
Allow each crewman to have one "active request" to QM for a supply crate or etc.
This request will come with a timer. 7 minutes later, if the QM hasnt bothered to approve or deny the item, the item is auto-ordered. 

This fixes rounds in which the QM is a dick and ignores the crew/requests of the station, prevents QM inaction from being the only blocker to a players supply request.
This is balanced by only allowing each crew to order 1 thing at a time.
This is useful for rounds without a QM, or rounds in which the QM has died.

In regards to recovering your ordered items, yet lacking access to the area in order to collect them:
The AI can unlock the door for whoever needs to get in and collect their order. Or they can just break in.
Yes, but make it so that QM can approve/deny requests using their PDA. It would suck to be trading off station and have some schmuck assistant empty the shipping budget cause you were too far away to deny the request.
Personally, I think there should be some kind of secondary market that you can use your personal cash to pay for things that's more expensive than QM but more reliable than the random merchant. Something where you order what you want, pick a mailing location, and have it shot there in a not entirely predictable amount of time (Depending on what you pay for delivery)

A Space FedEX, if you will
I like the idea of a personal little shop you can order stuff from perhaps every job can order different things from this space FEDEX? So a scientist can buy some not to dangerous chems or some dangerous ones if they can shell out the big bucks while a barman can buy some pre made drinks.
TBH I'd be happy if QM just got the option to have a conveyor that went straight from the receiving bay to the hallway outside QM
(10-19-2016, 07:18 PM)Grek Wrote: TBH I'd be happy if QM just got the option to have a conveyor that went straight from the receiving bay to the hallway outside QM

Yes, good idea. Perhaps tie it in to the existing conveyor that leads into the hall. A segment stretched between the existing conveyors would be rad -- but it should probably be controlled by a switch to avoid it becoming a nuisance to the QM as he walks his department.
You can swipe your ID card on the ordering computers and buy things with money from your account, and it will be delivered to QM. Relying on them to send it to you is another thing, though.
(10-19-2016, 07:49 PM)Boa Jacque Wrote:
(10-19-2016, 07:18 PM)Grek Wrote: TBH I'd be happy if QM just got the option to have a conveyor that went straight from the receiving bay to the hallway outside QM

Yes, good idea. Perhaps tie it in to the existing conveyor that leads into the hall. A segment stretched between the existing conveyors would be rad -- but it should probably be controlled by a switch to avoid it becoming a nuisance to the QM as he walks his department.

[Image: seJCznA.png]
Looks nice, Grek. That's a good place to send (noembezzle4u) and receive (self-ordered) good without affecting QM gameplay too much.
I support this idea. The crew should be able to have some autonomy in the lack of a Quartermaster, which can be quite often. Even if you can buy your own stuff, not being able to get to it sucks, and having a public depot means less "AI DOOR I NEED TO GET MY STUFF".

EDIT: space fedex
I'd also love to see the way that items are ordered to be redone. The current system would definitely be a part of it, of course. However, instead of only being able to order preset supply crates, one could order a crate with up to 20 items. For example, if you're a janitor and you need more space cleaner and chemistry has exploded, and you also need some more trash bags, you can order a crate of only those. You select exactly what items you want. You can still select those preset crates, though, if you need a total resupply.
You can sorta do that with merchants. You'd just need more merchants, is all. I might make a thread to that effect later today.
More merchants/merchant variety/merchant RESTOCKS (THEY DON'T RESTOCK I THINK??) would be good
As well as just more shit for the QM to order/more flexibility. The Quartermaster needs to feel useful and validated!!