Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Janitorial Supplies
In light of recent changes involving people walking through blood, as well as how filthy the station gets in average rounds anyway, i'd like to request that janitors closets start with more cleaning supplies. 

Perhaps a box or so of cleaner grenades instead of just one or two as well as a few more tanks of space cleaner to refill spray bottles without having to badger chem for refills that will never come.
Yesss! Please! Also, the Buff-R-Matic should have a toggle feature that will either dispense or not dispense cleaner, as to not waste it all. Or a chemical synthesizer in it that normally produces a mixture of water and space cleaner. Until EMagged. Then space lube starts being made. Also maybe an extra pair of galoshes, as well as more spray bottles? On the Destiny anyways, since Cogstation 2 has a good amount of spray bottles and an extra pair of boots. And, really, the janitor should start off with maybe a box of cleaner bottles (not spray bottles), or maybe even a crate of a dozen or two.
The janitor has x2 custodial closets (with x2 galoshes) already on the station and it's already trivially easy to make space cleaner, not that you need it, most pro janitors use mops.

However,
Quote: Also, The Buff-R-Matic should have a toggle feature

This is important. I must stress that using this toggle alleviates a whole bunch of problems, from people lynching the janitor for doing his job to actually making long winding hallways actually clean. You could balance this out and make the Buff-R-Matic actually slower, so it's not used 24/7 but only for specific messes, such as the aforementioned long corridor of streams of blood.
(10-18-2016, 07:15 AM)Sundance Wrote: The janitor has x2 custodial closets (with x2 galoshes) already on the station and it's already trivially easy to make space cleaner, not that you need it, most pro janitors use mops.

However,

This is important. I must stress that using this toggle alleviates a whole bunch of problems, from people lynching the janitor for doing his job to actually making long winding hallways actually clean. You could balance this out and make the Buff-R-Matic actually slower, so it's not used 24/7 but only for specific messes, such as the aforementioned long corridor of streams of blood.

I probably should have specified that i meant on the destiny. We only have one custodial closet there.
Well, now that I think about it, Space Cleaner is very over powered, so having to bother or even pay chemistry to make you some more is a good thing, so you don't just immediately clean up any mess with the use of a spray bottle. Also, windows and walls should be able to be bloodstained and stuff, requiring a spray bottle to clean them. Finally, a Janitor should have some form of repair responsibilities. This would mainly be lights, broken windows and grilles, and maybe floor tiles.

Another thing, fuckin' cockroaches, rats, and mice need to be disposable. As in being able to pick up small dead critters and putting them into disposal units.
(10-18-2016, 07:22 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(10-18-2016, 07:15 AM)Sundance Wrote: The janitor has x2 custodial closets (with x2 galoshes) already on the station and it's already trivially easy to make space cleaner, not that you need it, most pro janitors use mops.

However,

I probably should have specified that i meant on the destiny. We only have one custodial closet there.

Cleaning on Destiny is a friggin cakewalk compared to Cogmap. I don't see any issue here, especially seen as on Destiny requests for stuff, whether in this case it be from QM/Chemistry/Bar, is often actually achieved. That said I'm still in solid support for the cleaner toggle.

Also aft2001, the Janitor actually IS responsible for minor repair. Essentially anything cosmetic, it falls under him. He has light tube/bulb boxes. He could start with a few floor tiles, but that seems unecessary seen as they're trivially easy to get.
Sorry for the spam but sometimes I keep getting a bunch of ideas.

One thing that'd be incredibly helpful would be a new app on the janitor's PDA (well, the janitor cartridge). This would detect and locate messes. There could be filters, such as type of mess (blood and gibs, dirt, vomit, damaged windows and grilles and lights), and severity (how much mess there is in a given area). Then, the PDA would give both a general location, and would have an arrow that basically was a GPS arrow that led to the mess. Also the PDA should alert you whenever someone gets gibbed or whenever there's a significant mess detected (pools of vomit in the bar).
cant you order fresh janitor supplies at qm

i guess you could ask that the janitor supplies crates be divided into separate crates of what you want ie a crate dedicated to a large amount of cleaner grens rather than the general crate that comes with the mop and bucket and shit
I would actually like to see some mops, buckets and sponges left in maint for staff assistants who want to polish up their market booth or whatever.
(10-18-2016, 12:30 PM)Grek Wrote: I would actually like to see some mops, buckets and sponges left in maint for staff assistants who want to polish up their market booth or whatever.

That's actually a really good idea. Maintenance already has fucktons of fire extinguishing gear, boxes, tools, oxygen stuff, and pipe systems, which is all maintenance stuff. Janitalia (The Way of the Mop) stuff is maintenance stuff, since it's cleaning and minor repairs. Also it'd be nice to have more mop buckets and mops when a staff assistant steals it and spaces it.
(10-18-2016, 07:09 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Also, the Buff-R-Matic should have a toggle feature that will either dispense or not dispense cleaner, as to not waste it all.
Yeah, that's been desired for a while. I'm guessing buffercode (honk) just isn't a priority.

(10-18-2016, 12:30 PM)Grek Wrote: I would actually like to see some mops, buckets and sponges left in maint for staff assistants who want to polish up their market booth or whatever.
That's an idea I haven't seen before. Probably because staff assistants are the primary cause of mess. :adequatechuckle: I like it. It'd give me something to do when I'm puking-drunk.

About cleaning, I think I remember a good way to clean was putting 10u cleaner into an empty fuel can, topping the the can off with ff foam (or water, for more fun), then making a flamethrower with that. In the very least it's great fun.
(10-18-2016, 05:36 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(10-18-2016, 07:09 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Also, the Buff-R-Matic should have a toggle feature that will either dispense or not dispense cleaner, as to not waste it all.
Yeah, that's been desired for a while. I'm guessing buffercode (honk) just isn't a priority.

That's an idea I haven't seen before. Probably because staff assistants are the primary cause of mess. :adequatechuckle: I like it. It'd give me something to do when I'm puking-drunk.

About cleaning, I think I remember a good way to clean was putting 10u cleaner into an empty fuel can, topping the the can off with ff foam (or water, for more fun), then making a flamethrower with that. In the very least it's great fun.

Here's a fun thing to do, cool down your cleaner/surfact mix until any water you add turns to ice, then stick it into the flamethrower. Free cleaning foam thrower.
Here's an idea: Some kinda new cleaning chem that adds dirt resistance for some time. Apply it to the floor or yourself and don't get all stained up for awhile or at least less so than you should.
It'd be nice if you could store your mop bucket, your mini bucket, and wet floor signs in your mop bucket. Like, they can only hold certain janitorial items, and nothing else (except tiny items). Also, sponges, cleaner bottles, and cleaning grenades would be very nice to have. Also, it'd be nice for chemistry to have access to special grenade kits that they get immediately. These are special since they have a whitelist of approved chemicals built into them, so they'll immediately reject any dangerous reagent. So, this can be used to make more cleaning grenades, firefighting grenades, stun grenades (when they're swiped with the HoS' card), or other safe and helpful reagents. Using this, the janitor can order more cleaning grenades.
Relevant to this thread:
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=5995