Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock system for pods.
This is a pretty necessary update in my opinion.
Every time I make a pod it is stolen by someone if I ever leave it unattended, even for 10 minutes to save the station from an Esword wielding maniac, and I am unable to get it back which makes me sad.

Either a lock system creatable in the mechanic room or a simple coded lock at the hangars when you park it (overridable by AI if necessary).
Also maybe an automated timer on the hangar doors so that they close when you leave.
And maybe a way to open them from the pod?
Give pods a space garage door opener.
Anticheese Wrote:Give pods a space garage door opener.
With a electronic car door MIDIS
*beep beep*
Though people may just use this to vent the station
All the pod bay rooms have airlocks preventing that.
Just make masterlocks an item you can make with mauxite at the autolathe/pod manufacturer.

Make the key use Bohrum, Erebite, and telecrystal 8-)
I'm still working on getting a garage-door opener verb working for the pods. It'll happen soonish.

Pod theft is hilariously dickish, I dunno if I feel like fixing that. It's pretty funny, and if you're leaving a pod unattended for ten minutes, well, don't be surprised if someone steals it. I suppose there might be a way to lock a pod to a specific ID but have that lock still be hackable with a multitool maybe, I'll look into that sometime. Maybe. idk.
Just take the pod, fly it outside a random airlock, and sprint for the door. People look through windows and check the podbay occasionally, if someone sees a free pod they're going to take it. There's much less chance a random assistant is going to say to himself "Hmm... I think I should jump out this airlock on the off chance a pod is waiting out there for me to steal."
If there is a lock system for pods, make so that anyone can break in with a screwdriver and then hot wire the pod.