Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DWARF FORTRESS SUCCESSION GAME:
(10-27-2016, 05:29 PM)YoukCat Wrote: Can someone link me to where I can download Dwarf Fortress? It sounds amazing.

(10-16-2016, 10:13 AM)zewaka Wrote: This is how I learned how to DF: https://afteractionreporter.com/2009/02/...art-1-wtf/

Follow Zewaka's link. There's a download link at the beginning of the tutorial. Others on this forum may have a better version, in which case I'd be happy to get a link to that as well. I've been going through the tutorial and it's been incredibly helpful in getting started with DF.

By the way, thanks for that Zewaka!
Thank you Atamusvaleo and Zewaka!

I'll get to it this weekend.
You're very welcome.

There's a bit of a learning curve with the controls but I spent a few hours sitting with it and I've already built a thriving community. I'm only halfway through the tutorial because I keep discovering things on my own and getting sidetracked. So much fun.
This is the version I'd suggest for new players: Starter Pack.

It has a lot of utilities that are useful to have (graphic packs, dfhack, dwarf therapist, etc) and does all the installations for you. As for guides, I'd go with:
- text: wiki/tutorial
- video, shortmode 2014+: nookrium. Not in depth enough to keep you alive for years, but shows you how to run the game and use the interface.
- video, longmode 2014+: DasTactic, CaptnDuck. These are less 'How do I play?' and more 'How do I do x?' Helpful if you're a visual oriented learner.

Right now I'm back to playing Elona for some reason. That's a side-effect of DF that I didn't foresee. RIP.
Hey folks, I'm back and ready to take my turn as overseer whenever you're ready.
go for it.
Well, crap. The fort got wiped out after I decided on a full-frontal charge on a Bronze colossus. Should I start over? Everyone's dead apart from those few that were inside when the gate went back up.

Not my finest hour.