Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DWARF FORTRESS SUCCESSION GAME:
Exclamation 
Okay, so here is the deal. I started a fort in Dwarf Fortress and want to do a semi-relaxed run. Here's the rules
  • We are running version 42.06 of Dwarf Fortress. You can find it here, so go grab it.
    This is because I want those who are more comfortable using Dwarf Therapist to handle jobs.

• You may choose your own dwarves for naming after yourself. 

• Standard timespan is a year, Starting in Spring. Once you get through your winter, save the game, then upload the save file to dropbox or whatever you use for file sharing, and post the link here. 

• Writing detailed events are purely optional, but I'd like a barebones writeup of what you did and any fights.

• If someone causes !!FUN!! before everyone had a turn, your save will be nulled, and we will roll back to the previous file.

Sound off if you want a go. I'll keep a list. My turn is currently in Autumn. I may use a separate thread for journal posts.

• Firebarrage
  • DreamCarver
  • Zewaka
  • ferriswheel1
wow. perfect timing. I just got back into the game. Sign me up for a turn!
dwarf therapist is for the weak, my friend
I'm in.
Im in. Since I use a tileset to play and that affects savegames, should I just re-convert to ASCII at the end of my turn?
Please do, Zewaka
Finally, I can fulfill my secret fantasy of drowning all the Admins in magma.

I'm in.
My turn is done! I am now backing up the game (hey, I kinda want to fiddle around with it some more, too, so make it two backups I guess) and come Monday, I will upload the save! Unfortunately, I do my DFing late at night while my sleeping pills kick in, so I'll just bullshit something and pass it onto Firebarrage, our second dwarf! (Do me a favor and name the recordkeeper "Brogan", champ.)
ALERT: ALL OUTPOST ADMINISTRATION

BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THE GIANT KEA MENACE
Why is it always Keas.
(10-15-2016, 10:28 AM)Mageziya Wrote: Why is it always Keas.

I fear it is far worse... They are a band of GIANT KEA MEN.

Be very, VERY careful; they not only steal anything metal, BUT WILL PICK UP DWARVES AND OUT THEM UP IN TALL TREES, STRANDING THEM UNTIL STARVATION OR A FALLING DEATH
ere the keas get hungry
Oh god, i fear this thread may have started me down the long dark spiral of getting into dwarf fortress.

*scream
You don't know fun until you experience !!FUN!! firsthand.

You also don't appreciate well designed user interfaces until you've grappled with un-modded DF.

Enjoy it while you can, DF experience is a mandatory requirement in playing nerd games.
(10-15-2016, 05:33 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Oh god, i fear this thread may have started me down the long dark spiral of getting into dwarf fortress.

*scream

It was posted just was posted just as I started getting into dwarf fortress. Uh oh.