Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Destiny Gamemode: Werewolves
Based on the general idea of the party game, the mode is:

1. 10-20% of the crew are secret werewolves
  2. Working together and using only their lycanthropic abilities, they must to kill the human crew one at a time. A special chat non-audible channel like :w is used for them to plan and plot even when they are in the room with other people.
  3. After a kill has been made and been discovered, the werewolves are expected to wait until the crew can investigate the crime.
  4. After the investigation and a discussion has been made where everyone airs their suspicions, the crew are encouraged to place a vote to eliminate a crew member who is deemed a likely werewolf. Killing a non-antag voted to be eliminated won't be considered violating server rules in this gamemode.
  5. Once a player has been voted for and killed, the werewolves are free to pick a new target and the cycle is repeated
  6. Werewolves win if they outnumber the remaining living crew, crew wins if they can kill all the werewolves
The crew a free to make any kind of accusations they like during the investigation, form any alliances, and elect anyone they see fit as serving some kind of arbitrator role. 

Werewolves are expected to work together and not take actions unless a consensus is reached. During the investigation phase they can work their votes together for more power or try to throw people off their track, but everything they do is expected to be done for the purpose of furthering their team winning.

This would be a more RP heavy gamemode with the antags having to show a bit of restraint, so I'm suggesting it as a Destiny only thing. Also, take points 4 and 5 a with a grain of salt, since I expect most players voted for won't go down without a fight. If things slog on forever with the person voted for evading their lynch mob, the werewolves should feel free to pick a new target to keep things moving along.
(10-13-2016, 02:40 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Based on the general idea of the party game, the mode is:

1. 10-20% of the crew are secret werewolves
  2. Working together and using only their lycanthropic abilities, they must to kill the human crew one at a time. A special chat non-audible channel like :w is used for them to plan and plot even when they are in the room with other people.
  3. After a kill has been made and been discovered, the werewolves are expected to wait until the crew can investigate the crime.
  4. After the investigation and a discussion has been made where everyone airs their suspicions, the crew are encouraged to place a vote to eliminate a crew member who is deemed a likely werewolf. Killing a non-antag voted to be eliminated won't be considered violating server rules in this gamemode.
  5. Once a player has been voted for and killed, the werewolves are free to pick a new target and the cycle is repeated
  6. Werewolves win if they outnumber the remaining living crew, crew wins if they can kill all the werewolves
The crew a free to make any kind of accusations they like during the investigation, form any alliances, and elect anyone they see fit as serving some kind of arbitrator role. 

Werewolves are expected to work together and not take actions unless a consensus is reached. During the investigation phase they can work their votes together for more power or try to throw people off their track, but everything they do is expected to be done for the purpose of furthering their team winning.

This would be a more RP heavy gamemode with the antags having to show a bit of restraint, so I'm suggesting it as a Destiny only thing. Also, take points 4 and 5 a with a grain of salt, since I expect most players voted for won't go down without a fight. If things slog on forever with the person voted for evading their lynch mob, the werewolves should feel free to pick a new target to keep things moving along.

I'd say let the kill vote give each wolf an objective to unalive that poor sap, so as each vote occurs, people know which poor saps have been voted dead at the end of the round, rather thann just accidentally dead.

I'd say a smart group of werewolves would plan to kill somebody without outing themselves. Since they're effectively working as a mafia as well.
I like this idea but I think it'd work better if instead of werewolves it was kinda like some children of the corn shit. All of the "children of the corn" have 4 different powers and to ensure a consensus has been reached all members have to use the same ability on the person within a certain time before the power activates, killing the player within 30 seconds. Going the children of the corn way could allow telepathic communication between other members. Which makes more sense in my opinion.
werewolf eat moonrock to become stronger werewolf. moonrock is inside the guts of every crewmember and you must take it out. but watch out. what if other werewolf tear out your moonrocks from your tummy? danger

hijack the escape shuttle and fly it to the moon, homeland of werewolf nation
(10-14-2016, 02:04 AM)misto Wrote: werewolf eat moonrock to become stronger werewolf. moonrock is inside the guts of every crewmember and you must take it out. but watch out. what if other werewolf tear out your moonrocks from your tummy? danger

hijack the escape shuttle and fly it to the moon, homeland of werewolf nation

You have a real way with words, Misto.

I love this idea, maybe werewolves could get some kinda darkness-causing power to maximize the spook from the new lighting system? Or maybe all the lights go out when the werewolves choose their target.
That's not a bad idea. Have them all have an ability when activated close enough to each other turns the lights out and silences the radio. Let Werewolves see in the dark as well