Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Traitor Item: Traitor Radar/Spotter
(10-14-2016, 05:05 AM)misto Wrote: i guess anonymous traitor-chat could be alright. like warn other traitors to keep out of the path of your rampage. and if they insist on trying to kill you well youre in rampage mode already so itd be a proper fight at least

i agree, but i think it would be cool to make this into a new item that costs telecrystals, like a pda cart or a cellphone or something
(10-14-2016, 09:33 AM)zcamperz Wrote: i agree, but i think it would be cool to make this into a new item that costs telecrystals, like a pda cart or a cellphone or something

The problem I have with this is that it relies on BOTH traitors just so happening to spend precious resources on something they can't guarantee the others will use. It'd never be bought, ever.
(10-14-2016, 10:50 AM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(10-14-2016, 09:33 AM)zcamperz Wrote: i agree, but i think it would be cool to make this into a new item that costs telecrystals, like a pda cart or a cellphone or something

The problem I have with this is that it relies on BOTH traitors just so happening to spend precious resources on something they can't guarantee the others will use. It'd never be bought, ever.

I think integration into the traitor pda is better because it adds to the feeling that you're part of the sydicate network instead of being left out completely in the cold. plus it gives the option of teaming up. you could say things like "If someone ensures the captain is dead, i'll leave some gear in secret location"
traitor pda chat does sound ok. the authorities probably wouldnt have the patience and knowhow to track anyone back thru it if they caught a traitor pda anyways, if such were possible at all. so just avoid spilling incriminate/identifying details about yourself and youre golden
(10-14-2016, 10:50 AM)cyberTripping Wrote:

now that i think about it some more, i think that once you put in your traitor ringtone, you are auto connected to a "traitor chatroom" where you can anomalously chat to other traitors. to cover up the fact that people could look in your pda and say " oh my god, this man was talking to Fart McButt, who was telling him to bomb the bridge" you could make some names yourself, to make an extra layer of security
maybe traitchat could replace robustris or some other shit that nobody ever uses or checks
Traitor chat is good, I like the PDA implementation idea.
Its balanced, and the one thing this game sorely lacks is the ability for the anonymous traitors of a given round to be able to coordinate things.
Every neat "instance" or "thing" you've ever pulled off on SS13 could have been cooler if you had a chuckling cohort in on the scheme.

Theres TONS of gimmicks I've wanted to run but could not, because I couldn't reach out to my traitorbros and make it happen.
One such example was the time that I gathered 8 victims in the chapel, with the intent to have them all watch a huge bomb explode at their feet;

(I'd used curare to gain their compliance and willingness to stand still, some were even fed donks to keep them from dying to tox)
Unfortunately this was all I could capture alone, a borg discovered me doing this and started dragging people away.
My plans were rushed, I had to throw down my huge bomb in a hurry and scamper, before anyone else slipped away or got clever and grabbed the bomb.

The whole time, I wished I could have had a buddy to help gather victims, or perhaps they could have held a sermon.
The neat fun interactions that are possible double if this becomes a thing.
The best thing about the traitor chat pda thing is, it's still anonymous both ways. You can use it to work together or try to cheese the other traitor and steal their gear, but only if they take the steps to put their faith in you.

And, as has been pointed out, you don't even need to directly work with them. You can just warn them to stay clear of areas, or that you've hid something they might be able to use somewhere.

A+ idea