Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SecHud showing Criminal Record on Examine
The security records currently look something like this:

Quote:Minor Crimes
Major crimes
Criminal Status ( arrest/incarcerated/paroled/released/None)
Notes

Of all of these, Criminal status is the only one that ever gets updated.  Why? It's because no one ever looks at the records, because you don't want to be spending excessive time on a computer when there is police work to be done, and the tricky interface means very few officers will actually take the time to read the records. 

My idea is to show any major/minor crimes noted in the records upon examination with a SecHud equipped. This would enable officers to know why someone is marked for arrest or brigged at a glance, without having to mess around with a ThinkDos interface. 

Potentially, this could come in an upgrade like the prodocs, or just as a default function of the hud. Maybe the detective's VR goggles could have an upgraded function with a link to open the target's record?

Of course, this is still dependent on people updating the records. But it would be a nice method of communicating with the rest of the security team not just who to arrest, but why they should be arrested.
A note for officers: You can do everything set all criminal statuses but set people to arrest with the mobile blue security swiping things.
How do you add notes with it? I thought you could only parole/release/incarcerated with the Securitron-5000
How about including tickets and fines issued as well?
(10-10-2016, 02:35 PM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote: How do you add notes with it? I thought you could only parole/release/incarcerated with the Securitron-5000

I was referring to the criminal records system on the ThinkDos security computers.
(10-10-2016, 11:07 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: I was referring to the criminal records system on the ThinkDos security computers.

I should have quoted ZeWaka