Nessixyfive / Roxanne Atkinson Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Roxanne Atkinson
BYOND Username: Nessixtyfive
Recommended by (if applicable): WrongEnd, Dions
Times Available: 2:30 PM CST to 10 PM CST

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I'm making this application because I feel like i've gained enough experience to help others with different tasks, Over the past 8 or so months I have noticed US 1 doesn't always have a lot of help, but people in the OOC chat tend to help out players if they ask. 

When I first joined US 1 I had absolutely no clue what I was doing, shortly people gave me pointers and I established a goal to create a persona and stick to jobsets I found I was good at. Overtime I've learned that I'm very good with chemical knowledge and Medical positions, as well as a great officer in the security area. The only thing I really can't do is Pathology, and some of Telesci. 

Whenever I know nothing about a job on the station, I take as much effort as possible to begin learning more about that job, whether it be having no clue how to start and maintain the engine with or without a hellburn, or creating secret chemicals that many do not know about, or even robotics knowledge that took me a while to understand how to open up a robot's chest. With medical, I am an excellent doctor and I can normally take any person who's literally on deaths door and turn them around to stable. I know basically all of the med chems by heart, and usually spend a decent amount of time in the pharmacy or just performing new surgeries or whatever is needed. I'm very knowledgeable about Solarium and the Adventure Zone, and know many secrets and easter eggs with all of these locations. I'm very interesting in figuring out how to make the Bradbury II AI work, but thats a puzzle in progress I suppose. One other job I perform very well in is Engineering, I can fix an APC regardless of what shape it's in, Rebuild and pressurize entire parts of the station (Once the entire front of the ship was decimated and I somehow rebuilt and pressurized it, fun.) 

One aspect of being a mentor stuck to me, and that's the ability to spread knowledge to players who are in need of assistance, I don't know how many times I've mentorhelped and when i got a response, it was amazing because they could help me understand my problems better or even relay me upon people who knew more than them. Having absolutely no idea what you're doing isn't fun, and some aspects of Space Station 13 and gooncode can be very hard to get used to. I know it took me forever to understand any of it, and i'm still learning more now. 

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I've gotten the Banned medal for making a joke with Haine, not sure if that counts. 
While I don't play too much on #1 whenever I do you are a pretty nice and fun person and #1 could use some more mentors, sure.
Nessixtyfive is a pretty good player and knows their shit most of the time, a yes from me
Whenever I see you you're idling, it's hard to interact with you, or give you orders.. not sure why you log on when you're just going to idle and/or chat on ooc.

I have also seen you make careless mistakes while an officer, which later you would realize was a poor choice and would apologize. You would also IC in OOC often on #1. At one point when I warned players about IC in OOC you replied "cry cry". I have only known you for about a week, my impression is that you aren't very polished. Others probably know you better and for longer, so they would be a better judge.

That's my experience with Nessixtyfive, I would lean towards a no, but not a definite no.
Ahh It's hard for me to give my two cents regarding a new mentor on #1 since I don't play there that often, but I do know that #1 seems like it could use more dedicated mentors. This is also a fairly nice application, which nudges me in the direction of yes-ish? Sorry to be so vague.
Ness knows quite a lot at this point, I'm sure they'll be quick to answer any questions that come up! It's a yes from me.
do it
Yes from me
I've played with Ness ever since they started SS13, I suppose some could say my opinion could be invalid because of that, but I feel that means I can give my opinion of Ness as a person too, and not just as a player.. When Ness first started to play, I will admit that I was a little ashamed, thinking they would be a miscreant-type player... But that was 7-8 months ago, and let's be honest... In a game where screaming and farting is one of the ONLY things without a learning curve... What else can you do as a new player? 

The point is, Ness has improved alot during that time-frame, which is a great thing.. And if they were to become a mentor... wait.. a mentor? That means Ness won't be my personal Goonstation dictionary for remembering keyboard controls after secretly playing on other servers? Well damn...

Ness as a person though? Well, I can say they definitely know how to keep their chill around.. "less desirable" people. They are the type of person who will own up to mistakes and can keep very patient in frustrating situations (Which is perfect when someone is completely clueless about the game).

I suppose typing a mini paragraph for a simple "yes" or "no" question might make you wonder why I used all that time to come up it... So I will say this: Ness did tell me they applied for mentor. But they did NOT ask me to write my opinion down or anything on this post. The main reason I typed this long paragraph is because Ness is a good friend of mine and I feel he knows that becoming a mentor is a privilege and not just some added power.

I typed a very long version of "Yes".
Been around long enough, enthusiastic about the job, seems to know their stuff. Sure!
I'd say yes.
It's a yes from me.
I say yes. YES!
Ye let's go for it. Mentor thee.
Yep! Hi Nes and good luck; although, it seems like you're a shoe in at this point.