Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holding stuff in your mouth
Allow crewmen to store tiny up to normal-sized items in their mouths with a verb/emote, and remove them similarly. Normal sized objects can be seen when examined, small and tiny objects cannot. Small and tiny objects have a chance for you to swallow them (requiring surgery) if you're somehow hit or jostled, much higher for a tiny one, but it allows you an extra (mostly) invisible smuggling spot. There could also be a voluntary 'swallow' verb so you could emulate cyanide pill-teeth a la spy movies, or hide your contraband if someone checks your mouth (disarm intent on the head?).

Inspired by the mental image of someone holding a flashlight in their mouth while their hands are occupied, and also the idea of assistants smuggling contraband in their horrid faces

EDIT: HELLO I AM AN IDIOT LOOK AT THIS THREAD IT'S BETTER THAN MINE.
If this happens, make speech mumbled and introduce handcuff keys
Plenty of good ideas on it here.

Maybe matter eater would let you store even larger items like a chipmunk.

(am I only the idea police anymore?)
I can't believe I fucking forgot about that thread. How far back was that, Arborinus? Please destroy me for my embarrassing failure.

EDIT: Oh the last post was in June? Could be worse I suppose but ugh
"I remember a young lad, who would board ships with his cutlass - as you say - clenched in his teeth."

"Oh?"

"Topless Harry, we called him."

"Oh."

"I don't know if you've ever picked up and knife and , yknow, with a softboiled egg: Just sliced it with a-"

"I get it!"