Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nukes and MPRTs
I think MPRT rockets should do damage to the nuke again.  It forces the syndies to play smarter, rather than shoot mprts directly at the nuke to kill people trying to destroy it.  Nuke ops already have a pretty huge advantage, it'd be nice if they had to be careful where they were shooting.
Wait, they don't already? That's dumb. It seems unfair the syndies can essentially shoot 9999 rockets at the bomb with no repercussions
Agreed.
The MPRT is an extremely robust weapon which basically instantly deletes people, if it gets in the wrong hands (i.e: The crew) then the syndicates should face the godamn consequences.
hear hear mates. they dont need that degree of handholding
So far we are all in agreement about the nuke + explosion damage.
Im not a stickler for RP or immersion, but it just doesn't sit well that the nuke can take multiple rockets and still function.

Its a shame that we never get to try and diffuse it though.
Not sure how you can allow the MPRT and still not allow pipe bombs and ttvs.

The reason why the nuke is immune to bombs is so the crew won't pull the same stupid unfun crap they used to pull back when it wasn't.
(10-09-2016, 12:24 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Not sure how you can allow the MPRT and still not allow pipe bombs and ttvs.

The reason why the nuke is immune to bombs is so the crew won't pull the same stupid unfun crap they used to pull back when it wasn't.

MPRT =/= Pipebombs/ttvs. The latter is something the crew used to make to wipe out the nuke. The former is something the operatives can use to wipe out anyone attacking the nuke. The former is also restricted to nuke ops only, unless they fuck up.
They are separate things used for separate reasons.
(10-09-2016, 12:39 PM)Sundance Wrote: MPRT =/= Pipebombs/ttvs. The latter is something the crew used to make to wipe out the nuke. The former is something the operatives can use to wipe out anyone attacking the nuke. The former is also restricted to nuke ops only, unless they fuck up.
They are separate things used for separate reasons.

I feel like Urs meant it in a literal sense, since they both just cause explosions in a certain radius. Making it so one explosion is "different" from another paves the way for even more coding fuckery later down the line, if its even possible.
I agree. As long as it's just the RPG. The tactic of shooting the nuke with an RPG to kill people around it is just about as lame as somebody suicide bombing it. That being said, I'd rather have no RPG damage than suicide bombing back.

If damage can be made RPG exclusive then that'd be great. If anything, I just want to see nuke ops scream at somebody for firing on their own nuke again. That was always fun. I dunno. Maybe just make it direct-hit exclusive for the projectile? RPGs are originally antitank weapons. Many are designed for direct-hit penetration, but damage far less with indirect hits. At least on hard targets.
Don't make it pipe-bombable, since that compromises the general rule of thumb "DON'T BOMB THE FUCKING STATION AS A NON-ANTAG" we mostly go by (see: don't bomb wizards). Just make it hittable by the RPG. It gives the crew something to actually strive for aside from "kill syndies don't die". It adds strategy and also adds some sort of actual RISK to the Syndies using their 1hitdead rockets, since they can hit the wrong thing or have them stolen.
I think it's fine as is, nuke ops already blow up their teammates on the regular with it.
if someone manages to build a decent working pipe bomb in the few minutes afforded them and get close enough to the nuke to chuck it at it then good for them, theyre a real go-getter to make it thru the hails of rockets and lead, it should absolutely be allowed

as for ttv bombs, why do we even have ttv bomb making facilities anymore if its forbidden to ever actually use them even if it literally means saving the station. a fat chunk of station floorspace solely dedicated to building an antag-only toy. why not make them traitor-pda-buyable-only at this point
(10-09-2016, 01:19 PM)misto Wrote: if someone manages to build a decent working pipe bomb in the few minutes afforded them and get close enough to the nuke to chuck it at it then good for them, theyre a real go-getter to make it thru the hails of rockets and lead, it should absolutely be allowed

as for ttv bombs, why do we even have ttv bomb making facilities anymore if its forbidden to ever actually use them even if it literally means saving the station. a fat chunk of station floorspace solely dedicated to building an antag-only toy. why not make them traitor-pda-buyable-only at this point

I question this too, sometimes. I question why Toxins even exists in almost every codebase because of this. At least it has some excuse on bases where you might need a bomb to stop a raging singuloth.

Give more floor space to Research testing/a new branch of R&D and move Toxins to the research station, the only place it should ever be fucking used anyway. People can load a bomb into their pod and take it back if they want, nobody's criticism is gonna stop them from doing it anyway (okay this might be an exaggeration)
hey guys heres an idea

how about "dont bomb the fucking station" rule is repealed for nuke rounds because its not like the round is going to drag on win or lose. you aren't going to be crying about trying to go about your job or repairing the station in cold and vacuum in a nuke round. youre literally minutes away from either death or victory

then ttv bombs will have a non-antag function again as an anti nuketeam weapon and the nukeops will have to insert "hrm sabotage toxins maybe?" into their plans
I guess the issue with using TTVs or hellchems is that it will usually be an instant win, if the nuke ops team is actually defending the nuke. Or it could have the side effect of killing any crewmember that is fighting the nuke ops as well.