Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nukes and MPRTs
Don't bomb the station rules are never enforced in blob/nuke rounds. That rule is just so dickheads don't open up the ship to space. The ship is going to be opened up to space on nuke/blob rounds regardless.
Changelog Wrote:September 30th, 2015

-Made the nuke invulnerable to explosions (shame on you, suicide bombers). However, it actually takes damage from melee attacks now, and a couple of people with looted eswords will make short work of it.
That's the given reason in the changelog for the change.
(10-09-2016, 01:54 PM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote: Don't bomb the station rules are never enforced in blob/nuke rounds.  That rule is just so dickheads don't open up the ship to space.  The ship is going to be opened up to space on nuke/blob rounds regardless.

They're still enforced on nuke rounds and blob rounds.

Bombs are only allowed when the damage they do is strictly less than the damage already done by the antagonist in the area.

I.e, bombing the deep center of the blob to get at places that can't be reclaimed is okay. Bombing the edge of the blob where you're likely to kill the people fighting it and vent an area the blob hasn't gotten to yet is not okay.

In a related scenario, bombing the station to try to stop the nuke agents who are here to bomb the station is not okay if your bomb vents the station or makes it harder for people to get to the nuke

Source: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...2#pid76752
I could win every nuke round through explosions. You can make cap ttvs (unless it's been changed) as a staff assistant just as quick if not quicker than a scientist. BP pipebombs take very little effort for a backpack's worth, and they don't even require you to be on the station. 8 minutes is a long time to prep a suicide rush on cog2.

I'm only for allowing RPG damage because it requires nukeops to think more. Though I know a lot of people hate new nuke because it forces them to think more.
Here's my opinion:
YES to making the RPGs damage the nuke so the clown can steal one
NO to making pipe bombs/TTVs damage the nuke because it will encourage turbonerding and violate the "DON'T DO THAT" rule. We don't need more gray areas about when you can bomb the station than we already have which is very few for a good reason ok bye.

EDIT: The idea the nukies can just indiscriminately blow people to hell if they ever get near the rocket to bash it is dumb and frustrating imo.
It's also frustrating to see the crew win cause they hit the nuclear bomb with their blunt object of choice enough times. If anything it would be nice to see the crew actually trying to defuse it, but currently hitting it with something over and over is the most effective strategy.

Also the rockets cause plenty damage to syndies in their current state as I've already said, if you don't want people to launch rockets at you while you hit the bomb over and over again, then take care of the damn obvious threats that are holding goddamn rocket launchers. Suicidal tactics should not be encouraged, taking a few seconds to actually think out a plan while on the go should be.

If anything, I'd be fine with defusing taking longer/taking more skill like with canbombs, but with the trade off that it no longer reduces the nuke time by half. As long as we don't have nerds sniping the bomb with a screwdriver, and some actual risk comes into play then I'd be fine with it.
(10-09-2016, 05:01 PM)lambskin Wrote:  Also the rockets cause plenty damage to syndies in their current state as I've already said, if you don't want people to launch rockets at you while you hit the bomb over and over again, then take care of the damn obvious threats that are holding goddamn rocket launchers. Suicidal tactics should not be encouraged, taking a few seconds to actually think out a plan while on the go should be.

If you have people trying to distract/take out the nuke ops, and people sneaking in a back way to take out the nuke, all it take is on op paying attention to the chat to see that someone is fucking with the nuke. Then they quickly shoot the nuke w/ a rocket and go back to dealing with the other guys. This happened twice yesterday in the same, which is what prompted this thread.
(10-09-2016, 05:01 PM)lambskin Wrote: It's also frustrating to see the crew win cause they hit the nuclear bomb with their blunt object of choice enough times. If anything it would be nice to see the crew actually trying to defuse it, but currently hitting it with something over and over is the most effective strategy.

It's the only strategy. There is no way to defuse the nuke. Unscrewing it cuts the timer in half and makes it possible to move around. That's it. Destroying the nuke is the only way to prevent it from exploding. The only option that isn't "destroy the nuke" is "drag the nuke off station" and that simply isn't practical outside of telescience nonsense.
Just add a special form of damage. We already have brute, burn, tox, oxy.

Add "MRPT" as a form of damage, which only effects the nuke.
Add it to the MRPT rocket.
-------------------------
A solution that requires only a change in the nuke spriting:
Otherwise, remove the nuke completely, replace it with a homing beacon. This change would essentially only be graphical. The nuke would still function the same way, except from a lore standpoint, this "homing beacon" guides a nuclear missile to the station and the station blows up.

It makes much more sense for the crew to simply beat the homing beacon into dust than the nuke.
Scrapping the homing beacon, or spacing it, throws the missile off-track so it wont hit the station.
Unscrewing the bolts holding the tracker to the ground will cause a secondary battery to activate, boosting the homing beacon's signal strength. The missile speeds up in response to the more accurate coordinates.
(10-10-2016, 07:03 AM)Grek Wrote:
(10-09-2016, 05:01 PM)lambskin Wrote: It's also frustrating to see the crew win cause they hit the nuclear bomb with their blunt object of choice enough times. If anything it would be nice to see the crew actually trying to defuse it, but currently hitting it with something over and over is the most effective strategy.

It's the only strategy. There is no way to defuse the nuke. Unscrewing it cuts the timer in half and makes it possible to move around. That's it. Destroying the nuke is the only way to prevent it from exploding. The only option that isn't "destroy the nuke" is "drag the nuke off station" and that simply isn't practical outside of telescience nonsense.

As I said in that post, it would be cool to have a way to actually defuse the nuke, kinda like canbombs, or perhaps with some kind of defusing minigame.