Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A rework of the Hygiene motive.
Lightbulb 
Now, as some people on the RP server (or unfortunate people victim to an admin fuckery round) know, there's a motive system built into the game mainly used for adding a bit of realism to the RP. There's 5 motives in the non-bullshit mode, hunger, thirst, sleep, bladder, and hygiene. I'm okay with the first four motives and how you keep them from becoming too low, but hygiene seemed a little too 'easy' to handle. Literally, you just have to turn on a shower and stand under it for a couple seconds, or if you're REALLY lazy, wash your hands over and over again. I'm all for adding a little more realism, so I've came up with a couple ideas for ways we can make the Hygiene motive more *immersive*.    space bear

Now, the first thing I want to mention is that this rework makes it so that being dirty/clean passively decreases/increases your hygiene. Having blood on your clothes/outer suit/shoes/gloves, or being smelly will passively decrease it, and doing stuff like using body wash or shampoo or deodorant will passively increase it. 

- Body Wash & Sponges/Loofahs/those little ball things
Body wash would spawn around showers along with a cleaning thing mentioned above. You use the cleaning instrument on the body wash to pump some on it, and scrub yourself using the aiming thing to clean your body parts. If you use body wash regularly, maybe some flavor text about you looking clean will be there when people examine you. Pretty simple I guess. Maybe we could have different scented body washes for the different departments.

- Shampoo
Basically body wash but for your hair. You get flavor text about your hair being silky/luscious/good looking when you use it regularly, and flavor text about your hair being greasy/messy/frizzy when not. For these I guess you just click a shampoo bottle with an empty hand to get a pump of it.

- Deodorant
If you really wanna go the extra mile to keep yourself clean, you can use deodorant to give yourself a nice scent. To use it, you (uncap it first, dummy) aim at your arms to apply it to your armpits. Like before, you can get flavor text about smelling nice/fresh/scrumptious when you use it, and maybe if you're low on hygiene and you're not using it, you get the apocrine enhancement mutation. Also you could make it spawn in people's backpacks, and give them funny names based off of what job they are. ( Staff Assistant - Grey Tide, Barman - Fresh Antihol, Miner - Extra Strength Deodorant, etc.)

That's it, I guess.  Sleeping bee
IMMERSION
Research's is "Tubular Toxins Fire", secretly the body wash is manufactured by the same company as Grones Soda
Probably with the same ingredients honestly
people are usually not stained by anything, except their hands. so, people should be able to be slathered in blood and puke and urine, just like clothings are
You can be puke-covered but only from the port-a-puke if i recall and i forget if it had an actual sprite
i'd like it if people near explosions/fires could get covered in soot, it'd be a nice touch
and miners could get covered in gray asteroid rockdust if they ever exit their pods and try manual mining (they wont) and the chef could hurl flour bags at people to turn them white and make them cough
Pie fights