Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Weaker Hamdcuffs for Staff Assistant
there also are those odd robuddy ziptie cuffs that disintegrate instantly, but i dont know if they really count as a "type" since they seem to only exist invisibly and probably arent wieldable by humans
Making them Zipties rather than cable coils would be a nice way to differentiate them from the other codebases, although I think they have zipties as a sec borg module. It would also justify them being single-use and flimsy, as you'll have to snap or cut them to get them off, and being made of plastic are easier to break .

I'd honestly rather see them as a hacked manufacturer item, as cable coils are incredibly easy to pick up pretty much anywhere, and at least hacking a manufacturer requires some time and know-how.
It's quite simple.

Cannabis>materials processer>hemp>rope> ropecuffs

cannabis can be found if you are looking for it, though it's not too common. plus botanists get more toys. smile
(10-11-2016, 02:43 PM)salix_catus Wrote: It's quite simple.

cannabis can be found if you are looking for it, though it's not too common. plus botanists get more toys. smile

Yeah that works. Staff Assistants tend to get their hands on some weed.

+1 to this

I like the idea for hemp rope! Not so much for handcuffs, rather for something like belts, leashes, and hanging people.

A rope belt wouldn't do anything other than keep your pants up and make you look even more like a bum.

The leash would prevent you from moving too far away from your captor, who can pull you around from a few tiles away. The captor's intent would determine what happens when they pull you or if you get to far away:
  • Help would slow both of you down a bit and force the captive to move along.
  • Disarm would knock the prisoner over and drag them.
  • Harm would also knock them down and drag them, but they'd also take suffocation and light burn damage, maybe some brute if the captor had a running start, threw you across the room, or is really strong.

And what better use is there for rope than to kill yourself and others? Tie it to the invisible ceiling and kick the bucket in style! Build a makeshift gallows and show the crew that crime doesnt pay!
I think sec should be left to do their job. Leaving a way for randos to get cheap handcuffs wouldnt go anywhere good, and fast. If some grayshirt wants to play pretend police, let him punch a securitron and be done with it.
Yeah, don't limit it to/do cuffs, add stuff like the leashes/gallows so we can go straight midieval

also so I can tie an assistant to a post like a misbehaved donkey
(10-12-2016, 11:03 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: also so I can tie an assistant to a post like a misbehaved donkey

Get botany to grow tomatoes and parade the person around the ship encouraging people to throw tomatoes at them.

Shit... now we need stockades.
The leash would prevent you from moving too far away from your captor, who can pull you around from a few tiles away. The captor's intent would determine what happens when they pull you or if you get to far away:
  • Help would slow both of you down a bit and force the captive to move along.
  • Disarm would knock the prisoner over and drag them.
  • Harm would also knock them down and drag them, but they'd also take suffocation and light burn damage, maybe some brute if the captor had a running start, threw you across the room, or is really strong.
Would the leash work on multiple people? Have multple leashes and drag multiple people?
There's gotta be some way the materials system can handle the differences between a rope made from hemp, leather, or ores for chains and straps
(10-12-2016, 11:49 AM)MagicStudiosGuy Wrote: Would the leash work on multiple people? Have multple leashes and drag multiple people?

Only if you suture/staple them together.
(10-12-2016, 01:54 PM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote:
(10-12-2016, 11:49 AM)MagicStudiosGuy Wrote: Would the leash work on multiple people? Have multple leashes and drag multiple people?

Only if you suture/staple them together.

Im all for striping people down to nothing and doing death marches in areas with no oxygen.

If mars station style trains ever ended up on one of the telescience zlevels, my first thought is using ropes to tie people to train tracks.

BTW I just wanna point out that everyone has ignored the typo hamdcuffs, but I fully endorse some ham based handcuffs
[Image: tumblr_nvcilxUQ6K1s46p8ao1_1280.jpg]