Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goonstation Mythos. Magic,Faith,Domains and Lore.
Disclaimer:this would be an entirely optional part of the station. more inherent to the structure and lore of things than rp things being forced upon players.IE you could go about your business on station and not notice these subtleties.

Goonstation could really do with some more over-arching things tying everything together.  It'd make things more fun for those who like the magical fantasy side of things. this would help make wizard and chaplain more fun. as well as giving critters and npcs alignments.

9 Classical Domains
1Dark - Vampires, changelings, darkness, things
2Chaos - syndicate, staff assistants, clown
3Death - skeletons zombies, wraiths, ghosts
4Machine - Drones, robots, roboticists, AI, Borgs
5Balance - blobs, monkeys
6Nature - Botanists, plant people, maneaters, bees
7Life - Martians, medical doctors,Geneticists
8Order - Nanotrasen
9Light
4 Elemental Domains
1Earth - Maintainence - structural
2Water - Civilian - ethical
3Air - Research - logical
4Fire - Personnel - Inspirational

Wizards get to choose elemental domains and chaplains get to choose classical domains.

more domains could be added. like obscure things like pizza domain?

this is just an idea to spawn more ideas. a framework of sorts.
What exactly would the domains do?
This seems like a general thematic template, which wouldn't directly affect anything in-game, but give people an idea of what an object does and is used for.

At least, that's how I choose to see it.
(10-07-2016, 08:41 AM)MagicStudiosGuy Wrote: What exactly would the domains do?

"this is just an idea to spawn more ideas. a framework of sorts. "

they'd give direction to further ideas.

this is meant to be an evolution of/and companion thread to much discussed in the chaplain ideas thread. also the wizard idea threads.

BASICALLY - domains don't mean much to a non magic/ power user. choosing a domain would give you differing abilities/spells for chaplain/wizard

they do give more of an idea of what team you're on though. beyond nanotrasen vs antags. a botanist can feel an affinity with killer tomatoes somewhat and roboticists can feel an affinity with drones. like i said it's a subtle thing.

more of an implicit coded thing for the most part
an explicit gameplay thing for those who want to search or use magic.
You left out the dreaded floor cluwne: darkest of all the nightmarish creatures known to mankind.
(10-07-2016, 09:07 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: You left out the dreaded floor cluwne: darkest of all the nightmarish creatures known to mankind.

oh of course, there are those things that are too corrupting, unspeakable and mind destroying to even put a label on.
(10-07-2016, 09:07 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: You left out the dreaded floor cluwne: darkest of all the nightmarish creatures known to mankind.

And which are also actually playable assuming admin intervention.
I'd personally put research under fire, what with fire being a symbol of inspiration, advancement and the fact that the place gets torched with damn near-clockwork frequency.

I believe some of the adventure zones have ties to the classical elements, you'd have to ask the sol nerds about that though.
(10-07-2016, 08:39 AM)salix_catus Wrote: Disclaimer:this would be an entirely optional part of the station. more inherent to the structure and lore of things than rp things being forced upon players.IE you could go about your business on station and not notice these subtleties.

Goonstation could really do with some more over-arching things tying everything together.  It'd make things more fun for those who like the magical fantasy side of things. this would help make wizard and chaplain more fun. as well as giving critters and npcs alignments.

9 Classical Domains
1Dark - Vampires, changelings, darkness, things
2Chaos - syndicate, staff assistants, clown
3Death - skeletons zombies, wraiths, ghosts
4Machine - Drones, robots, roboticists, AI, Borgs
5Balance - blobs, monkeys
6Nature - Botanists, plant people, maneaters, bees
7Life - Martians, medical doctors,Geneticists
8Order - Nanotrasen
9Light
4 Elemental Domains
1Earth - Maintainence - structural
2Water - Civilian - ethical
3Air - Research - logical
4Fire - Personnel - Inspirational

Wizards get to choose elemental domains and chaplains get to choose classical domains.

more domains could be added. like obscure things like pizza domain?

this is just an idea to spawn more ideas. a framework of sorts.

Chief Engineer: "Let our powers combine Earth!" Head of Security:"Fire!" Research Director:"Wind!" Head of Personnel:"Water!" Medical Director:"Heart!" Captain:"By your powers combine I AM THE CAPTAIN OF SS13!!!"
I'm sorry I still hear "Veend!!" Damnit, Linka.

Just wanted to post that I really appreciate that "Light" has no associations in SS13. Hah.