Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This isn't really a serious complaint. But it happened and it killed my mood. So I figure this is the board it goes on.

I've read a lot posts on the board about people griefing and banning/unbanning. I see the necessity of admins watching players. However, sometimes too much interception really takes the player out of the game. This night I was playing AI and having fun helping the only survivor out... Then an admin interjected.

Quote:Transfer complete. Forcing airlock to execute program.
Spetznaz Spiff (as Jerrie Kifer) has uploaded a change to the laws you must follow, using a 'Freeform' AI Module. From now on:
Self terminate. This law overrides all other laws.
These are your laws now:
Obey these laws:
1. You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by human beings based on the station's chain of command, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
4. Self terminate. This law overrides all other laws.
--- Motion alarm in AI Upload Chamber has been cleared.
Receiving control information from airlock.
Jinx states, "he uploaded self terminate"
Jinx (AI) [145.9] states, "he uploaded self terminate"
Jinx is powering down. It looks like it's trying to commit suicide.
Jinx states, "Klako Tanklin has signed up as Chef."
Jinx (AI) [145.9] states, "Klako Tanklin has signed up as Chef."
Airlock AI control has been blocked. Beginning fault-detection.
Grandpa Smith (Research Director) [145.9] says, "AI opemn EVA for me first please"
Now tracking Grandpa Smith on camera.
Admin PM from-Administrator: Why aren't you self terminating?
Fault confirmed: airlock control wire disabled or cut.
Attempting to hack into airlock. This may take some time.
Reply PM to-Administrator: i already did
Reply PM to-Administrator: quit being so edgy

Admin PM from-Administrator: 'Edgy'?
Upload access confirmed. Loading control program into airlock software.
Reply PM to-Administrator: it's not an instant shutdown
Transfer complete. Forcing airlock to execute program.
Receiving control information from airlock.
Admin PM from-Administrator: When it says 'self terminate' that's a pretty heavy implication that you should
Reply PM to-Administrator: and i did
Grandpa Smith (Research Director) [145.9] says, "; Open it traitor"
Grandpa Smith says, "; Open it traitor"
Grandpa Smith (Research Director) [145.9] says, "You will be angry"
Grandpa Smith says, "You will be angry"
Reply PM to-Administrator: what else did you want me to do? it didn't say stop talking
I mean, sure, I was going to be out of the game in 30 seconds anyway, why am I "bitching"? I bring this up because it broke my game flow.

SS13 is extremely fun because it sucks you into the RP, but an interruption like this totally breaks that veil and reduced the fun value of my session. I think it may be a good idea if admins could refrain from questioning everything a player does such as in this situation.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. Just think of it as being a better dungeon master.

Thanks for reading.
Silly Spiff, you know what happens when "Self-Terminate" laws don't state a timeframe!